Chapter Fourteen: We Should Burn Some Sage

Another update! 

Enjoy!

*****

Someone was knocking on my door.

I let out a grunt before opening my eyes and checking my phone to see what time it was. Another grunt escaped my lips when I saw it was only nine in the morning which means I've only been asleep for about six hours since I went to bed at three in the morning.

Someone knocked again. Begrudgingly, I stood up and ran a hand through my hair. My dark oversized sweater was covering me until mid-thigh so I didn't bother to put any pants on as I looked at the peephole. Seeing who was on the other side was like a wake-up call to my senses as I stopped for a few seconds to compose myself.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Levi when I opened my door the same time he looked up from his phone. He was dressed in a white dri-fit shirt, gym shorts, and trainers, with a duffle bag slung over his shoulders.

"You're not dressed yet." He said, eyes glancing at my sweater before meeting mine.

"Are you aware that it's only nine o'clock?"

"Yes." As if to prove a point, Levi raised the watch he was wearing before putting his arm down. "Meet me at the gym in ten minutes for your first boxing lesson, and bring your swimsuit." He said before he turned around and headed for the direction of the elevator.

Ah, fuck.

It completely flew out of my mind that I agreed to go to the gym the day after the race. Maybe this was the reason why I refused to take more than one shot from Atlas last night, my subconscious knowing Levi would end up being my wake-up call the following day.

I changed into a workout set that I got from one of our sponsors, quickly slipping my feet into my workout shoes and not bothering with the laces. I never undo them and simply slip my feet in and out to save time. Ten minutes wasn't enough, I thought to myself as I brushed my teeth, but I knew Levi wasn't going to give me more if I had asked. I'm willing to bet he'd even shorten it to five minutes if I asked.

I made it to the gym with a minute to spare, my hands busy placing my hair in a lazy braid to avoid it getting to my face, and a bag holding my workout kit and swimsuit slung over my shoulder. It seemed like we were the only ones thinking of keeping track of our health after partying all night because the gym was empty. Levi was by the open space, laying down two yoga mats as well as some resistance bands.

"I thought we were boxing?" I asked as I set my things down and walked towards him.

"We need to warm up first or else you'll be as stiff as a board tomorrow." He beckoned for me to take the other yoga mat before he began his own warm up. Music was softly playing from the speakers just like how it is in every gym which I was thankful for because it filled the silence.

I busied myself with the warm-up routine Jasmine and I would always do, making use of the resistance bands since my shoulders were sore from yesterday. It wasn't like the pain from qualifying since I asked Jasmine to tape my shoulders before the race, but there was still some. The hardest one was probably the overhead pull-apart, my joints aching with every movement I made. A light sheen of sweat covered me by the time I finished and stepped aside to drink some water, sitting down on one of the benches.

"I usually just use the punching bag." I told Levi when he asked what I've done with boxing before.

"And sparring?" He asked and I shook my head in return. He inclined his head to the side before stopping a few feet in front of me, arms crossed in by his chest. "Why do you want to learn how to box?"