Chapter 1

3rd pov:

Pihu preferred to believe that her current life was ordinary. Perhaps too ordinary for her taste. She led what appeared to be a typical life, at least as typical as one could expect for a wealthy young person.

As the Chief Engineer of a high-tech company, Pihu earned a substantial income due to her pivotal role in various projects. She had achieved this success through her own hard work, without assistance from others.

Although Pihu grew up in wealth with loving parents, she felt immense pressure not to disappoint them. Her routine was meticulously planned: wake up, eat, work, return home, eat, and sleep. Even on her days off, she followed a structured schedule of cleaning, paperwork, shopping, and more cleaning. This repetitive cycle felt burdensome and monotonous to her.

Occasionally, her friends would coax her out of her routine, but those moments were fleeting and hazy in Pihu's memory. Most days passed without any notable events, leaving Pihu yearning for something exciting or miraculous to break the monotony.

Pihu found life dreadfully boring and monotonous. She yearned for excitement and adventure before her time ran out, but the repetitive cycle had dulled her inner spark. Despite this, Pihu held a somewhat accepting view of death; she was ready to embrace it if it came naturally, of course cause there was no way in hell that she was going to loose to some lousy mob.

One evening, as Pihu was closing her laptop after a long session of paperwork, she silently wished for something to break the monotony of her mundane existence.

Suddenly, a loud thump echoed through her home, snapping Pihu out of her drowsiness. She jolted upright in her chair, instantly alert. "I swear, if there's a burglar or murderer at this ungodly hour, they won't know what hit them," Pihu muttered under her breath.

With a resigned sigh, Pihu rose from her bed and reached for her tablet nearby. She switched on all the lights in the house, signaling to any intruder that she was awake and aware of their presence. Grabbing a sturdy metal pole she kept in her closet for protection—what else did you expect from someone from Uttar Pradesh?—Pihu cautiously ventured towards the source of the mysterious thumping noise.

"Dekho bhaiya, Jaldi nikalo kyuki hum na itna marenge ki tumko aur burgandi suar ko agal bagal khada kar diya jaye toh pata nahi chalega konsa wala suar hai." (Come out quickly or I'll beat you so much that if you were next to a burgundy pig, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between you and it.) Pihu called out sternly.

Pihu halted her steps down the hallway when silence greeted her. Pulling out her phone, she quickly accessed the security camera feed. Her eyebrow quirked as she observed movement in both the living room and another hallway.

"Bakloli karva lo bas, Humari toh jindagi hi isme nikal jani hai..." (This is stupidity, My life will get wasted in this) Pihu muttered irritably. She headed straight for the hallway where the movement was detected, dragging her pole along to announce her presence. It took a moment, but she reached the spot only to find it empty, puzzling her.

"Alright, person, just come out now" Pihu warned, her frustration evident. "Dekho abhi ache se bol rahe hai hum aur agar hath lag gaya na toh itna tamacha marenge itna tamacha marenge, sans lenge pani piyenge aur fir tamacha maregne. Matlab UP police jitna tava lal kardenge." (I'm telling you this calmly, but if I catch you red-handed, I'll slap you hard. I'll take a break, and then I'll slap you again, just like the UP police who keep at it until your butt turns red.)

A closet door rattled slightly, catching Pihu's attention. She approached cautiously and was startled when two boys, one with pink hair and the other with black hair, tumbled out with a small scream. Pihu blinked in surprise at the unexpected sight.