Chapter 3

3rd pov:

It was 7 in the morning, Pihu yawned as she made her way to her kitchen, feeling the exhaustion from being woken up multiple times during the night. The events of last night seemed like a blur to Pihu, almost dreamlike. She hoped it wasn't just a dream.

Opening the cabinets in the kitchen, Pihu grabbed a saucepan to make tea. As she worked, she noticed Satoru walking towards her.

"Good morning, Satoru," Pihu greeted him with a yawn, setting water to boil and preparing two cups.

"You're up early," Pihu remarked as she sat down in front of Satoru, who seemed lost in thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Pihu asked softly, taking a seat across from him.

"It's nothing," Satoru sighed, resting his head on the table.

"Here, have some tea. It'll help clear your mind," Pihu offered, placing two cups of tea with biscuits on the table. Satoru brightened up as he took a sip, expressing his delight at the taste.

"Woah! It's good, so sweet and perfect!" Satoru exclaimed.

Pihu chuckled warmly, "I'm glad you like it."

Satoru smiled gratefully, "Thank you for taking care of my students."

"Oh, it's no trouble at all. Besides, it was getting a bit lonely here," Pihu replied, nibbling on a biscuit.

"What's on your mind?" Pihu inquired, noticing Satoru's contemplative expression.

"Well, I always wanted to live a normal life, you know? Coming from where I do, you're trained to be mature and strong from childhood. But now, after all this, I'm not so sure anymore," Satoru admitted, taking another sip of his tea.

"Then don't think of it that way. Just enjoy the time you have here before you go back. Don't dwell on the past or worry about the future, just live in the moment," Pihu advised.

"For an angry raccoon, you're surprisingly wise," Satoru teased with a chuckle.

"Raccoon?! After everything!" Pihu gasped dramatically, joining in his laughter as they enjoyed their tea together.

•─────────✦❀✦────────•

It was 8 in the morning, and everyone was up as Pihu prepared breakfast. She noticed two pairs of eyes peering at her from behind the kitchen column and chuckled as she turned around to see Yuji and Nobara bobbing their heads to the music.

"Good morning," Pihu greeted with a smile, causing them to yelp and adjust their stance awkwardly as she chuckled.

"Good morning, Pihu," Nobara replied, inspecting the cooking cauldron (kadai).

"What's this?" Yuji asked, peering over Nobara's shoulder.

"It's Poha, ever tried it?" Pihu asked, ruffling their hair when they shook their heads.

"Well, you're in luck because that's what's for breakfast today," Pihu said, noticing Yuji's interest in a sharp knife and quickly stopping him. "Don't touch that, Yuji."

"Alright, let's head to the breakfast table," Pihu said, setting the plates down.

After a few minutes, everyone started emerging from their rooms.

"Good morning, Megumi. How was your sleep?" Pihu asked as she served him breakfast. Megumi yawned and replied, "It was pretty good. Thank you for the food, Pihu."

"Good morning, Nanami. How was your sleep?" Pihu greeted, but Nanami took the bowl from her hand. "Please, you've done enough for us. I'll serve you. And good morning, it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a while."