Chapter 2

Seneca Crane : "I think it's our tradition. It comes out of a particularly"

(Seneca Crane and Caesar Flickerman are sitting on white seats in the auditorium of The Capitol, Caesar is interviewing Seneca.)

Seneca Crane  "painful part of our history."

Caesar: "Yes, yes."

Seneca: "But it's been the way we've been able to heal. First it was a reminder of the rebellion."

Caesar: "Yes." (Caesar agrees, looking out into the crowd before looking back.)

Seneca: "It was a price the districts had to pay. But I think it has grown from that. I think it's uh- something that knits us all together."

(The audience applauds.)

Caesar: "This is your third year as Gamemaker. What defines your personal signature?"

[Seneca takes a breath in and the scene changes to district 12. "DISTRICT 12" is in the bottom right corner. Primrose Everdeen screams.]

Primrose: "NO! NOO!"

(Katniss, her sister, soothes her.)

Katniss: "Shh, shhh." (Katniss hugs Primrose and strokes her hair.) "It's okay, it's okay. You were just dreaming, you were dreaming."

(Primrose starts to sob)

Primrose: "It was me."

Everyone felt for the young girl whose life was in the balance of chance.

"The poor girl, can you imagine your life depending on if your name gets pulled?" was muttered by Minverva Mcgonagal.

James and Lily just wanted to see if their daughter was alive but felt for the girl.

Katniss: I know, I know, but it's not. It's your first year, Prim, your name's only been in there once. They're not going to pick you. Shh, try to go to sleep."

Primrose: "I can't."

Katniss: "Just try, just try." (Primrose whispers in Katniss's ear and she nods. Primrose lays down and Katniss starts to sing.) "Deep in the meadow, under the willow," (Primrose joins Katniss.) "a bed of grass, a soft green pillow." (Katniss and Primrose stop singing.) "You remember that song. Okay, you finish it. I gotta go." (Katniss kisses Primrose's forehead.)Primrose: "Where?"

Katniss: "I just gotta go." (Katniss walks down the stairs, ) "But I'll be back. I love you."

Primrose stares at the empty door for a second before her oldest sister Delphinium appears and comes and sits next to primrose " i know your gonna be nervous today but you only have your name entered once yeah, your gonna be just fine Rosie i'll make sure of it" before kissing her forehead "but i have to go ok so i wont see you till after the reaping now" Delphinium makes her way to the door before primrose calls out " I love you Delphi" " I love you to Rosie never doubt that" before she leaves.

A sigh of relief came from those who were related to the girl as she was alive and had survived her games.

" she's such a good sister" was a thought that many people had in their heads during the scene.

(Katniss grabs her coat and Buttercup; Prim's cat hisses at her.) "I'll still cook you." (Katniss opens the door.)

Sirius lets out a barking laugh " I like her" Remus just Responds with "of course you do" sounding so done