𝐍𝐋𝐘: IV

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒  𝚁𝚊𝚎  𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒  𝚁𝚊𝚎  𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

It was Monday again but I had a good feeling about it this time, If there's one thing Arie's advice was right about it was research. I wasn't going to do a deep dive search on the web about him, but I just needed to know the basics if I was even going to have a small chance at winning him over. And what better research can a teen girl get than a rumor?

 It's usually just fake news in other places but at Brocksville High, the rumors always find a way of having some truth to it, you gotta hear it from the right people.

Luckily for me, I knew exactly who those people were and I had access to someone who could make them talk.
- - -

THE NIGHT BEFORE

*knock, knock*

"Mal, can you do me a favor? it's important"I asked, leaning on the door.

"What?" he asked, looking down at his phone."You have to say yes first."I said with a stern look on my face.

"fine, what am I doing this time?" he groaned, shaking his head.

"Remember...Valerie from my freshman year?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah, what about her..."

"She used to have a crush on you and as far as I know, she probably still talks about you, anyway I need you to ask her some things"

 "About?" he asked lifting his head.

"This guy, Turean."

- - -

I pulled into my parking spot grabbed my purse and walked into school, I scanned my school ID and made my way to first period. It was Miss Kayto's class I sat at the nearest desk taking off my headphones and tuning into what she was saying.

 "Good morning class, hope you are doing well. Sorry for the wait but, some of you might be happy to know your exams have been put into the grade book" she stated grabbing a stack of papers, and handing them out to my classmates she finally reached my desk, and my heart dropped to see the letter marked in red on my paper.

I struggled to grasp how all my hard work led me to a C, I was an A-plus student all my thoughts blocked out the next fifty minutes of class and when class ended I pushed myself to talk. "Miss Kayto, I-I think you've made some sort of mistake grading this I mean-"I said trembling my words.

"Look, I was shocked as well at your grade, I double-checked your grade and this was it" Miss Kayto said shrugging her  shoulders."Is there anything I could do to bring it back up?"I asked, digging my nails into my palms."I might know someone who can help" she said standing up from behind her desk.

- - -

"Hey, girl" Arie said taking a seat at our lunch table outside." hey, Arie" I said, I smiled." Girl, wassup with you?"Arie asked raising her eyebrow.

"Nothing," I said shaking my head and rubbing my temples."Girl if you think I don't know you like that, then you got something coming, so tell me what's wrong" she said with a fixed face crossing her arms.

"you know that exam I had last week for Kayto's class? well, I failed " I said trying to massage my forehead." Did she make a mistake or..." she said refusing to believe me."I thought that too but she doubled check, I failed"I said putting my head on the table.

"And that's not even the worst part, she assigned Turean as my tutor"

"Girl, I thought you liked him" She raised her brow once again.

"Exactly, but I don't want him to think I'm stupid" I shook my head, looking down.

Arie laughed hysterically, "Stopp, this ain't funny" I whined tapping her shoulder. "I'm sorry, but you're officially boy-crazy" Arie laughed even harder."No, I'm not" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah okay, I got to class but hit up later" she said before picking up her purse. Arie left and I spotted Valerie sitting alone it was the perfect opportunity to put my plan into effect, I made my way to her table and sat across from her."Oh my god hi, where have you been girl?" I said, repulsed by my own words."Hi?" she replied confusedly. 

"I haven't seen you in a minute, how's life?" I asked pretending to be intrigued, "I'm fine same old, you?" she tilted her head." Nothin' too crazy, I mean Malik is back for a while and-"I said before getting interrupted," Malik your brother?" She eagerly asked, and I responded with a nod.

- - -

Before the end of the school day, miss Kayto advised me to meet Turean after school in the library, I wasn't too sure if I could be normal around him but I wasn't sure he would even show up. But still, I found myself walking to the library anyway, I sat at a table in the far left corner of the library. I put on my headphones and laid my head down on the table and drifted off for a while until I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to Turean's subtle smile. 

I took off my headphones, " Hey, you almost scared me" I said, shaking my head."My bad, didn't mean to scare you" he said setting down his bag on the floor and pulling up a chair right beside me."What do you need help with?" he asked, I sighed looking down."I don't need a tutor, you know" I crossed my arms, tilting my head. " Oh, I ain't never said I was your tutor" he laughed.

"Then what are you?" I raised my brow.

  𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

Hey everyone, heads up I may not be able to update next week because I have a state test, so in the meantime remember to vote, comment, and share. Thank you so  much for reading  this see you in the next chapter lol  : )

And what do you think about Jolani's plan?

- shayywritesss