12. Project and Chaos

Athulya's POV

Now, I'm absolutely certain that it's not me, but problems that are constantly on my tail. I had envisioned a perfect night to indulge in a few fights, but alas! My plans were swiftly shattered the moment I locked eyes with those piercing emerald orbs.

The last thing I anticipated in my plan was a collision with Veer, resulting in a tangled mess of lies to obscure a solitary truth. It's a scenario I desperately hoped to avoid.

I gently positioned myself in front of Vihan, using his towering frame as a shield to hide behind. He glanced at me, a questioning expression on his face, silently asking what was going on.

"Stand straight! Veer is here," I muttered, giving Vihan a gentle tap on the back to alert him.

"Your problem, you should deal with it," he replied nonchalantly, turning to walk away, leaving me exposed. Panic surged through me until my senses kicked in, prompting me to quickly dart behind a nearby pillar for cover.

To add to my entertainment, he deliberately walked towards Veer, engaging him in what appeared to be a serious conversation. My curiosity piqued as I observed them from my hiding spot behind the pillar.

"The next fighters are requested to step into the ring," the host announced, breaking the tension in the arena. I glanced at Vihan, who nodded in response to something and began making his way toward the ring. It caught me off guard. While I knew he might be here for a fight, I didn't expect it to be today.

Now, it felt strange to watch my brother getting beaten in the ring. It's not that I doubted his abilities, but it's a fact that in this arena, everyone takes a hit or two.

There he stood, facing off against a man in his early thirties, his bare chest covered in tattoos, giving him the appearance of a hulk. As I watched, a sense of fear crept over me, despite the fact that I wasn't the one stepping into the ring. But perhaps that fear stemmed from knowing that he was my brother, and seeing him in such a perilous situation was enough to make my heart race.

Vihan initiated the fight with a swift kick aimed at his opponent's side jaw, causing him to grimace and spit saliva. Reacting like a hungry lion, the opponent charged towards Vihan, their fists colliding in a fierce struggle. However, the opponent managed to gain the upper hand by seizing Vihan's neck, tightening his grip with each passing moment. The tension in the air grew palpable as the fight intensified, leaving me feeling increasingly uneasy.

Vihan pushed him further, and they both crashed to the ground, Vihan ending up on top. With his elbow driving into the opponent's chest, Vihan delivered two forceful punches, causing the opponent to let out a pained squeak.

Refusing to give his opponent any chance to recover, Vihan continued to rain down powerful blows on his abdomen, causing blood to flow from his mouth. However, the opponent found a moment of opportunity and mustered the courage to retaliate, landing a swift kick to Vihan's abdomen, knocking him back. With a determined look, the opponent rose to his feet, ready to continue the fight.

As the opponent attempted to seize Vihan by the waist for another attack, Vihan swiftly grabbed his head and forcefully smashed it into the iron railings, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground. The timer began counting down, but the opponent remained motionless, unable to rise. With a victorious expression, Vihan emerged as the winner of the intense bout.

I peeked out from behind the pillar, but Veer was nowhere to be seen. Vihan made his way down through the dispersing crowd and approached me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, scanning him for any signs of injury, and he nodded in response.