2. Debut

Today, my alarm woke me up at 9 am. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I feel so alone lately... ever since my grandmother passed away. I feel like I am all alone. Today I am going to make my Arsenal debut and no one is coming to watch for me. I put on my Arsenal tracksuit and braid my hair. Then I wash my face and put on mascara. I pack my match bag. And then walk to the kitchen. I have cereal. At 10 o'clock, I get into my car. When I arrived at the training ground, the team bus was already there. I walked inside where there were already some girls sitting on the couch in the relaxation room. "Good morning Alex, ready for the big day?" Ask Katie. "Uhh yeah, guess so..." you reply softly. "You will be fine! You are going to do super" says Beth.

After all the other girls have entered, you go to the bus. Once on the bus, I sit down next to Beth. Sitting opposite of me are Leah and viv. I have to admit honestly I am very nervous. By now we have been on the road for 15 minutes. The more I start thinking, the more stressed I get. My leg goes up and down. I feel leah's eyes looking at me but try to avoid them. Leah makes eye contact with Beth and then looks at me again. Then I feel a hand on my leg. I look up from me phone and see beth smiling. I smile back and put my head on her shoulder. When we arrive, I get up to walk off the bus. I already hear a lot of people calling our names. I look around nervously. At that moment Leah grabs my hand, she smiles and we walk off the bus together. When we had arrived in the dressing room, I let go of leah's hand and said "thank you for doing that". "No problem, I know how overwhelming it can be sometimes" she replied with a smile.

I started on the bench. I expected that, of course it's my first match. After the warm-up, I sat down next to kayra and stina. The first half went fine. Alessia scored 1 goal, with Vic crossing the ball. Apart from that, not much happened. At half-time it was 0-1. After the match went on, Jonas came to me to tell me to go and warm up because in 10 minutes I was going on. I did my warming up. And sprinted along the sideline for the last time. Then Jonas called me to him. I was substituted for Lia and so came onto the pitch next to Vic. After lia ran to me and gave me a hug, I ran onto the pitch and heard loud applause. I breathed in and out deeply. And as soon as I heard the whistle I took off.

It actually went pretty well. I made good runs, almost all the passes I gave came out well. There was a corner for us, Katie took it. I got ready for the ball to come as it came towards my side. Katie shot and I saw the ball coming towards me, I jumped but the Aston villa defender also jumped. I hit the ball and then with the side of my head, the Aston villa player's head. What I felt next was that my back landed hard on the grass and my head hurt incredibly. All I thought was 'no, this can't happen in my first game'. After I fell to the ground, I opened my eyes and grabbed my head with my hands.

When I took my hands away I saw a tiny bit of blood. Meanwhile, Leah, Beth and vic were already standing next to me. "Are you okay Alex?" Asked Beth. "I think so" I replied. "The medical staff is coming, just stay down" said Leah. "You're bleeding!" Says Vic startled, she is the first to see it because she is on the other side of me. "Oh shit" says leah. Meanwhile, the medical staff arrived and Jonas called Beth and leah to him. Vic was crouched next to me on the ground, holding my hand while they were busy cleaning my wound. Fortunately, it wasn't big. Then they did another test to make sure I didn't have a concussion and asked if I could continue playing. I thought so so Vic helped me up slowly and I played on.

The match ended 0-2, Beth scoring the other goal in the 80th minute. After the match, we walked another lap around the pitch to thank the fans. Viv and Leah came up to me. "Well played, congratulations on your debut" said viv. "Yes very proud of you!" Says Leah. I smiled. "Thank you, I am so happy to have you as teammates" I answer. Some other girls also came to congratulate me.

Once back I the dressing room, my head hurts a lot anyway. I take a quick shower and change my clothes. I had to make another quick video for on Arsenal's insta and we then walk to the bus. My headache makes me quite tired. i sit next to Vic. I put in my earphones and lay my head on her shoulder. I feel my eyes closing and slowly I fall asleep. When we get back to the club, I am gently woken up by Vic and we walk off the bus together. "See you tomorrow!" I shout as I walk to my car and I drive home. At home, I lie down on the sofa and decide to post on insta about my debut

(In the photos, Alex is the one with the blurry face or the one you can't see very well!)

@Alexwhite8_

@Alexwhite8_  Very happy to make my Arsenal debut

@Alexwhite8_ Very happy to make my Arsenal debut. I am honoured to play with all these great players! Hopefully many great moments to come <3

Ps: my head is okay!!! 🙈🤭

Comments:

@leahwiliamsonn
Proud of you Alex!! 💗
@Alexwhite8_ 🫶🏻

@bethmead_
More to come, littel one! <3
@Alexwhite8_ 🤍

@victoriapelova
You are beautiful even with your new scar 🤭🫶🏻
@Alexwhite8_ love you to 😂🫶🏻

201+ more

After this, I went to bed and soon fell asleep.

A/N: Heyy guys, I hope you liked this part!!! What do you guys think of that insta post? I definitely try to do 1 or 2 chapters a week but sometimes it doesn't work out!!!