3. It's just hard

The next day, I woke up with quite a headache. I took paracetamol and walked to the kitchen. We didn't have to be at the club until 12.30 am so I still had some time. My phone was full of dm's and messages about my debut. I sat down on the sofa with a protein shake and answered the dm's. After getting ready I left at half past 11. I still had to go to the club doctor to have my head looked at. When I arrived around 10 to 12 and had changed clothes I walked into the physio room. That's where I saw viv sitting.

"Hi viv, how are you?" "Hey Alex I'm okay I just need to get my knee taped. What about you?" "I'm fine, the doctor needs to take a look at my head".

After the doctor approved me I went to the dressing room and we walked out for training. It was a short session and then we had gym. I went full out on the treadmill but I shouldn't have. I stepped off and got dizzy. I tried to walk where could hardly keep my balance. All I could see was black spots.

"Are you all right, Alex?" I heard someone say. It was Alessia. She was talking with Vic. Then everything went black.

Alessia pov:

"What's wrong with Alex?" Vic asked worriedly. I looked behind me and saw Alex sauntering towards the weights. She looked very tired and white. "Are you okay, Alex?" Asked I to which I got no response. By now, almost everyone was out of the gym. Before I knew it, Alex fell to the ground. "Shit" I said and ran with Vic towards her. "Alex, can you hear me?" Said I. While Vic tried to shake her awake. "Vic go get help!" Shouted I panicked.

Vic pov:

I ran to the dressing room. "Help someone get the medical staff!" I shouted.
"Vic calm down, what's wrong?" Asked Beth. "Alex collapsed to the floor. Less is with her now" I replied, then I and Beth ran back to Alex while Steph called the medical staff.

Alex pov:

"Can you hear me Alex?" Asked one of the staff members. Slowly I opened my eyes. I saw Vic, less, beth and staff members standing around me. "You scared me Alex" said Beth. "What happened?". "You fainted" says Vic.

"How are you feeling?" Asked the medical staff. "Apart from a headache actually quite fine" I reply as I sat up straight. "Did you eat enough today?" Asked less. I thought about what I had eaten today. 'Shit' I thought. My mind was just so much on other things that I had forgotten to eat.  "I think so" I replied. "What did you eat?" Asked less. "Jesus less, I don't know" I said irritated before getting up and walking away.

"Alex wait!" Called Beth. I walked to the dressing room and sat down by my seat. I sat with my head in my hands. "What is it Alex?" "Nothing okay! Just leave" I replied as my voice broke. Tears streamed down my cheeks. Beth came and sat next to me and I felt an arm around me. "You don't have to say it but know that I'm always here for you" says Beth. "It's just hard, in everything I do I wonder what other people think. I am 17 and live all alone in London, I have no one left." "Wait you live alone?" Says Beth. "Yes, my parents were heavy alcohol addicts. They got into the car drunk together after a night of partying and got into a car accident. They died when I was 14. Then I lived with my grandmother but she died just before I went to Arsenal. I don't know what to do anymore Beth. I can only live in the flat for two more weeks and then I have to move out. I have no contact with other family anymore either"

"It will be all right Alex, we'll sort it out. You can come and live with me and viv if you want." "Can I?" I asked softly. "Of course you can! But now you need to eat something and I'll walk you to the medical staff where you need to have a check-up."

After eating a sandwich and going to the medical staff, I walked over to Less and Vic. "Sorry about earlier, I have a lot on my mind at the moment. But I'm very grateful for your help." Says I. "It's all right, we're mostly glad you're okay." Says Vic. "We heard from Beth what's going on, if we can help you should say so. We are here for you" says less. As they both gave me a hug.

After we finished training, I got in the car with viv and Beth because I sold my car yesterday for some extra money. Meanwhile, viv also knew what was going on. She drove to my flat and we walked in together. "Pack the stuff you need for the next week, at the weekend we will help with the rest" says Beth. "Okay" I say softly.

After I packed all my stuff, we drove to viv's and Beth's house. I put my things in my new room and lay down on the bed.

Viv pov:

"She's been upstairs for quite a long time, shall I go and check?" Asked viv. "Yes okay" Beth replied. When I entered Alex's room I saw her in bed, she was sleeping peacefully so I gently closed the door and walked back downstairs. "She is sleeping" "oh okay let her sleep, she has had a hard day".

AN: what did you guys think of this chapter? And do you guys have any great ideas for later in the story? Let me know!!! 🫶🏻