30. Pain

Zoya's POV

The next day when I woke up my legs had been chained to the wall. they provided enough movement to walk around the room. My dress was still intact. I searched for the knife I had in my garter belt. I was able to feel and it gave me a sense of security and I was happy that they did not search my body while I was asleep.

I again sat at one corner of the room my thoughts drifting to Renzo. As I was still engaged in my thoughts I felt water being poured on my back. I jolt back to find a grinning Spanish King whose name I had learned is Gregory. I turn my face away from him. The next thing I knew was a hand grabbing me by my chin and placing a strong slap across my face. I am sure it will get bruised. It was continued by a few more blows. when he was satisfied he left the room. I was engulfed by darkness again. I let the tears which I had been holding back flow free. " Renzo please come fast..." were the last words from my mouth before I slept myself to sleep.

Renzo's POV

I open my eyes and am blinded by the light rays hitting my face. I look around and am in a hospital. I see my men and my parents around the room. All the images of the day's event rush to my mind and my eyes tear up. I had one responsibility and I have failed in that. I try to get up. The doctor rushes to me saying that I need to rest properly. I give no heed to his words and get up. I asked my men about Zoya, and they all put their heads down indicating that they had not found her. I look at the date. It's been three days since the event. I pace around the room. I think carefully about what to do. I cannot make impulsive decisions when Zoya's life is at stake. I think and think and then I remember the chain on Zoya's neck. I made sure it had a tracker on it before getting it for her. I search for my phone. One of my men brought it to me but it was completely broken. Oh shit.!!! "Find me a good mobile expert who can retrieve the information on this phone", I tell my men. My mom comes next to me. "Be focused when you come home you come with my daughter or don't come home until you save her", she says. 

I wanted to cry. My mom is calling my wife her daughter. That proves the bond she had created with Zoya. I control my emotions as it's not the right time or the right place to show my weakness. I promise my mother that I will bring Zoya back. Mom left the hospital along with dad. I ask everyone to vacate the room. When I am left alone I try to recall all the details of the event. 

I remember Daniel coming inside the ballroom armed and without fear. Suddenly I had a feeling that he was already informed about the plan to capture him. That means there is amole among us....

______________________________________________________________________

Hi Guyssss..... Hope you are all good. I am really sorry for updating late. Thank you all for the support you have shown me. I am really grateful to you guys for giving this story 64K+ views. enjoy reading......