Chapter 31

"Now, look at what happened. Shouldn't we have waited a few days before doing this? I mean, the girl has been through enough.. Before she even met us." Satoru sighed after saying that.

Choso pulled out his phone as it vibrated in his pocket, notifying him that he got a message. "No, we couldn't. Now that Kenjaku and a few other people know that she's here, she could be at risk."

"Then why not go to the police? Isn't that easier?" Satoru asked before realizing how stupid his question was.

"Oh, right. But she's done nothing wrong, though. She's innocent.. right?" Satoru asked, looking at anyone who'd give an answer.

Sukuna rolled his eyes and answered him. "Even if she is innocent, she'd still end up in some sort of trouble. A leader always has followers."

"Which means if they hold a grudge against her, they're going to make sure that she doesn't stand a chance." Toji added.

Suguru forced himself up from the couch, not saying anything, and walked over to your room, already knowing that it was locked.

Your humming came to a halt as you heard someone fidgeting with the doorknob from the other end, and before you could get up, the door had opened, and Suguru came walking in, closing the door behind him.

"H-how did you do that?"

Suguru shrugged as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I picked up a thing or two from my brother."

At the mention of Kenjaku, you laid back down and curled up under the blanket. "I thought I told you guys to leave."

"Well, I don't think either of us is done with you yet." Suguru said as he sat down on the opposite side of the bed. "And I still have questions that I'd like answered."

"I'm not in the mood." Your voice muffled from the blanket.

"You don't have a choice in this matter. Besides, it's just us in the room, not them. So, it should be easier for you."

"Sugur-.."

"Geto."

"What?" You said while sitting up, looking over to him.

"It's Geto for you now."

"But -"

"I don't care. We're doing this one way or another." He said, his voice being serious. Though, your heart broke a little from him telling you how you should address him.

You didn't say another word and sat there, waiting for him and what he had to say. You knew he was going to be mad at you for not telling him anything before. You were eventually, but from the way things were going, it didn't really seem like an important thing to mention.

"How long were you with my brother?" He asked, his gaze focused on the floor.

"Three years."

Your answer made him scoff. "Three years? I've known you for two, so I guess the years do add up."

"How did you two meet?"

"It's.. stupid."

"You've left me in the dark long enough, almost as long as you were with him. I think I deserve a whole lot more than the show you put on in front of the others." He said.

You've always told yourself that you wish that you met Sugu- Geto first and not Kenjaku, but the side he was showing you right now reminded you so much of him.

"We met at some stupid event. He's the one who came to me first and introduced himself."

"And you were eleven at the time?"