Chapter 40

Third Person POV

The music was loud. Lights were flashing, some people were dancing while others were standing around, gossiping or just having fun. Sukuna was enjoying himself as he had two girls clinging onto him. He wasn't sure how long they were going to stay, but he knew Choso would give him shit if he didn't return with (Y/n) soon.

Obviously, Solitayr was in charge of music, but Sukuna wasn't fond of the songs she was playing. That is. . . until he saw (Y/n)'s pretty figure that was taking shots with Solitayr and giggling with her. He noticed how her lips moved, indicating she was talking but singing with the music as well. Sukuna couldn't help but feel entranced by her smile. The choice of clothing seemed to match (Y/n) perfectly and Solitayr definitely did a good job at picking out accessories for her.

The choker around (Y/n)'s neck, Sukuna loved the way it looked on her, but he was slightly disappointed that it covered the bite mark he left on her. It suited her well, almost as if she were born to be into that style.

"Don't you have a girlfriend already, Sukuna?" A voice spoke to him. He was about to get angry as he snapped his head into the direction of where the voice came from. Once Sukuna met with the gaze and a soft smile, he immediately stood up from his seat, pushing the two women aside.

"Uraume... You've returned?" Sukuna asked them, almost looking excited to see them.

Uraume nodded at his question. "Only for a short while, then I'll have to leave the country again. Yorozu is back, too, but I'm not sure how long she's staying."

Sukuna groaned at the information he was just told. Yorozu. How annoying she was to him.

"I didn't ask about her, but thanks for telling me anyway."

"I figured she would've found you first before me. Unless she's just getting started on drinking. She was very happy to come here and is very excited to see you." Uraume said with a smile.

"I haven't seen either of you since..." Sukuna trailed off, trying to figure out when was the last time he had seen Uraume by remembering how old he was when Uraume and Yorozu had left.

"It's been so long that you're having a hard time thinking?" Uraume teased. Sukuna chuckled and sat back down, moving over so Uraume could sit next to him. Sukuna had finally had a realization that hit him. "And who the fuck told you that I had a girlfriend?"

"Solitayr. She's the one who informed me of the party. I was going to surprise you, that's why I never messaged."

Sukuna growled as he turned his attention back to Solitayr, Ventus standing right next to her with his arm around her shoulders. Sukuna noticed how (Y/n) was not with Solitayr anymore, nowhere in sight. He panicked a little and was about to go look for her until someone covered his eyes with their hands from behind him and whispered. "Guess who..."

He sighed in annoyance when he recognized the voice. "Not now, Yorozu."

The female uncovered his eyes and jumped, almost squealing from the excitement just because Sukuna had noticed her.

"At least I know you haven't forgotten about me." Yorozu says with a smile, wrapping her arms around Sukuna from behind and nuzzling against his cheek. He groaned and pushed her away, not wanting to deal with her at the moment.

His worry about looking for (Y/n) faded away when he saw her in the crowd, swaying her hips to the song and was in smiles. It appeared that she had made two new friends, considering the fact that the two females were dancing alongside her as they sang along with the song. Of course, Sukuna had seen her and invited her to many parties, but was never alone. This was his first time seeing her actually enjoying herself while being alone. Perhaps she didn't need to be supervised after all.