Chapter 4 Part 2: The Past

*Warning: This chapter has themes of abuse and violence. Read to your own accord.*

1 year ago:

"Hey KR!" said Nichole.

"What it is, Nic?" Khloe said in a sad tone.

"What's wrong?" asked Nichole. Khloe shook her head telling Nichole nothing, but she knew better. Nichole sat down at a nearby table and patted the empty space next to her.

Khloe walked over and sat next to Nichole. "So, what's going with you?" she asked Khloe once again.

"It's just that I've been here putting boxes in a truck for almost 3 years now," she told Nichole.

"No offense, but I think I deserve better." she finished.

Nichole sighed and smiled at Khloe. "Of course you deserve better. All this stuff happens in due time, though." Nichole told Khloe.

"It doesn't feel like it though. I've tried so many places just to intern there." she said back.

"Yeah, I know. Just a little longer." The two sat there in a comfortable silence. They didn't have anything to say but liked the company.

"Anyways, let's get back to work." Khloe said. After 5-6 hours of hard labor, the day was finally over.

Khloe and her coworkers were in the break room getting ready to go to home. Everyone was tired but having a good time. Suddenly, Khloe's phone started to ring. Khloe looked at her phone and saw it was Isabella. She stopped talking to her as often after the "Nichole/Isabella Lying Drama".

The phone continued to ring and ring. "Man, you might as well answer the phone." said one of her coworkers.

"Nah, it's probably nothing seriously." she said.

"Yeah, but just answer. She's been blowing all of us up." said another.

"Wait, honestly?" asked Khloe.

"Yeah, it be mad late in the day too. Like 3 or 4 in the morning." said another one of her colleagues.

"That's so weird. How did she even get you guys numbers?" Khloe asked them.

They all shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders in unison answering Khloe's question.

"I'll just call her once I get home, I promise." she said.

"All right, then." replied Nichole.

When everyone left and headed their separate ways, Khloe was waiting for the bus.

"Hey Khloe, you sure you don't need a ride?" asked Nichole.

"Yeah, don't worry. It should be here in 10 minutes max." Khloe answered.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow!" Nichole shouted out as she drove off. Khloe waved her hand goodbye and put them back on her pockets.

"Wow, it's pretty cold tonight." she said out loud.

As Khloe stood there waiting for the bus, a car pulled up in front of her. "Hey cutie! You need a ride?" said a guy.

"Nah, I'm good." she answered, quickly. "You sure? You look a little cold." he said.

"Yeah, I'm sure." she replied, firmly.

"Look, I don't want to seem like I'm a weirdo or anything." he said.

Khloe looked at him up and down, "A little late for that."

He shook his head and sighed, "Just watch your back."