Unexpected - Mattheo Riddle (Fluff/Angst)

"Go on, show us again," Ron Weasley was shaking a turkey leg in your general direction, asking to see the words that appeared on your arm this morning. In the wizarding world, on the day you were going to properly meet your soulmate, the first sentence they speak to you, excluding their name, will appear on your forearm in their handwriting.

It was incredibly annoying to you that Ron and Hermione got this mess out of the way the first day on the bloody train. To your and Harry's amusement, neither were originally excited about the match, but after the chaos that ensued for the four of you by the end of that year they were inseparable. Nothing brings two people closer than tragedy.

Things got even more frustrating for you when Harry and Ginny realized they were soulmates, leaving you the lone wolf in your foursome. Entering your sixth year this year you were hopeful that maybe you would finally be able to find out who your soulmate was, roughly three fourths of those leave Hogwarts knowing who they're intended to be with, and you would rather Avada Kadavera yourself then leave your seventh year soulmateless.

You grabbed the sleeve of your jumper, tugging it up to your elbow, sticking your arm out in the middle of the table for your three friends to view. There on your arm read a singular sentence, do I intimidate you, love?

Hermione sat back on the bench, "His handwriting really is awful, whoever he is." You scoffed at your friend, "Not exactly my biggest concern, Mione. More worried about why he thinks he would intimidate me? Who would even think that? By this point in our school life you'd think any of us were more intimidating than the majority of the student body."

"Yeah, except Slytherin," Harry snorted, Ron following with his own round of laughter. But you weren't laughing, you were looking at Hermione who was sporting the same grimace and worried eyes that you were sure your face looked like.

Harry and Ron looked at each other, then looked at the two of you. "It was a joke, y/n/n," Harry tried to ease the tension that was building. "Yeah, I mean, y'don't really think your soulmate might be...one of them," Ron was anything but subtle with his tone of disgust, as well as his entire body turning around to face the Slytherin table.

Ron's actions didn't go unnoticed by a particular group of Slytherin boys. "Staring problem, Weasley? Got a crush?" Malfoy shouted across the dining hall, earning laughs and teasing hollars from his friends.

"Oi, Malfoy, got a present for you," you stuck your hand in your school bag, pretending to roam around before pulling your hand back out and lifting it high in the air, giving Malfoy the middle finger. His face immediately turned into a scowl. The boy next to him, however, pretended to catch your gesture in the air and put it in his pocket, winking at you in the process.

You rolled your eyes, turning to Hermione who had a look of disgust on her face, "Riddle's ego really is massive innit." All three of your friends' heads began to nod. "I swear if he didn't verbalize how much he bloody hated us I would think he was flirting with you y/n/n."

"Shut it, Weasley, don't you put that on me," you pointed your finger at him, tone joking but words serious. He put his hands up in defense, laughing along with the rest of your friends as you all gathered your things and headed towards your first class.

Unbeknownst to you, a similar conversation was being had at the Slytherin table. "Glad to see meeting your soulmate hasn't deterred you from trying to flirt with anything that breathes," Pansy took a sip of her pumpkin juice, teasing the curly haired boy across from her.

"Dunno what you mean, Pans," the dimples on Mattheo's cheeks popping out as he smirked.

"Show us your arm again, cousin," Draco's words causing everyone to look at Mattheo now. The younger boy scowled, rolling up the sleeve of his dress shirt. There on his arm, in beautiful loopy script were the words you've got to be fucking joking.