Chapter 1

Hissing fiercely, Anubis rose from her perch as a giant, long-haired cat bore down on her. Annoyed at having her sleep disrupted, she knew that the cat couldn't really harm her, but still, it was a nuisance. In a swift move, she unleashed a small golden burst of fire that singed the Loth-cat's fur, causing it to whine and scramble away. Satisfied, Anubis settled back into her spot, ready to resume her slumber.

The momentary peace was shattered as Anubis heard the distinct click of a blaster. Instantly, she whirled around, her large, golden-tipped wings catching the sunlight that streamed in through the tiny holes in the roof of her cave. Before her stood two imposing stormtroopers, both adorned with blue symbols and stripes on their armor, though one had noticeably more stripes than the other. Hissing in defiance, Anubis braced herself for the impending confrontation.

A new figure burst into the cave, barking out orders to the stormtroopers. "Fives, be careful and keep it in your sights!" His short, dirty blonde hair fluttered as he strode towards Anubis, clad in black and red armor. Anubis found herself drawn to the man, as she sensed the Force bleeding through him. Recognizing his potential power, she kept her gaze locked on him, unsure of what his intentions might be.

Anubis bared her teeth, her feathers bristling with a mix of anger and caution. "Who are you, and what brings you to my cave?" she hissed, directing her question at the man who seemed to hold authority over the stormtroopers. Her golden eyes narrowed as she awaited his response, ready to defend her territory if necessary.

Just as tensions were about to escalate, a second blonde man entered the cave with his hands raised in a gesture of peace. "Please, remain calm," he said, his voice steady and reassuring. "We mean you no harm. I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, and this is my Padawan, Anakin Skywalker. The troopers are Clone Captain Rex and ARC Trooper Fives. We are merely passing through and have no intention of causing trouble." Anubis eyed them warily, still unsure if she could trust these strangers in her domain.

Anubis caught sight of something glimmering within her cave—a Saturn. As she turned her gaze towards it, her eyes glowed briefly before returning to normal. With a resigned sigh, she muttered, "Fine," and tilted her head up. The clanking of approaching robots reached her ears, and without hesitation, she threw herself protectively over the four humans, spreading her wings wide. Fireballs erupted from her mouth, striking the robots' barrel grips with unerring accuracy. Despite her initial reservations, it seemed that Anubis was now fighting alongside these strangers to defend her cave.

"Quickly, deeper into the cave!" Anubis urged, her tail lashing out to strike the super battle droids, the force of her blow causing them to crack. "The droids won't follow us into the narrow passages," she assured the humans, motioning for them to follow her further into the labyrinthine depths of the cave. Her sudden change in attitude towards them seemed to indicate that she had deemed them worthy allies in this fight.

Realizing the droids were closing in, Anubis made a daring move. She unleashed a colossal blast of fire, targeting the cave's core. The cave began to collapse around them, rocks tumbling down from the ceiling. The nimble night fury leapt out of harm's way, effortlessly guiding her new companions into the safety of the cave's narrow passages. Her quick thinking and agility had saved them all from certain doom, but the danger was far from over.