Chapter 8

A few days later, the troopers, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and the others returned to the Republic fleet. However, they were hesitant to leave Anubis behind, so they approached the Council to discuss her potential integration. Plo Koon, sensing their attachment to the dragons, offered a solution. "She could join us, if you wish," he suggested helpfully.*

From a distance, Plo Koon had already discerned the bond that had formed between Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the dragons. While he wouldn't necessarily encourage such attachments, he respected the connection that had been forged between them.

Grateful for Plo Koon's understanding, the group eagerly accepted his proposal. As the sun dipped below the horizon, signaling the close of yet another day, Anubis's future with the Republic seemed all but certain. And as the stars twinkled above, a new chapter in their intertwined story began to unfold.

~~~

Anubis sighed as the helper droids guided her into the shuttle. Unable to board by herself, she had bid a heartfelt farewell to Luna, who had gifted her with a necklace to serve as a constant reminder of their friendship. (As if Anubis could ever forget the furies!) "Are you alright, miss?" inquired a droid, noticing her drowsy demeanor.

The gentle hum of the shuttle's engines seemed to lull Anubis further into a state of relaxation, and she found herself struggling to keep her eyes open. The excitement and emotional turmoil of the past few days had finally caught up with her, and she could feel exhaustion creeping in.Anubis offered a sleepy nod. "Yes, just a bit tired," she admitted, her words punctuated by a yawn. The droid acknowledged her response with a nod of its own before maneuvering her towards the floor of the negotiator. Once they reached their destination, the droid left her to rest, retreating into the background.

Alone at last, Anubis curled up on the cool floor, her exhaustion overwhelming her. As she drifted off to sleep, her thoughts lingered on the memories she had made with the furies and the uncertain future that awaited her with the Republic. But for now, she would allow herself to rest, content in the knowledge that she would soon be reunited with her newfound friends.