Chapter 3

After spending an hour in the caves, the clone troopers and the two Jedi were growing impatient. Anubis was supposed to have returned by now, but she had been gone for several hours, and Anakin was starting to feel uneasy. He could sense Obi-Wan's growing concern as well, which only heightened his own anxiety. The dark, damp caves seemed to echo with a sense of foreboding, and Anakin couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss.

"I can't take this anymore," Anakin finally declared after a while, standing up with his lightsaber in hand. Obi-Wan followed suit, along with the rest of the clone troopers. "Rex, do we even know what we're up against down here?" Obi-Wan asked, his voice echoing off the cave walls. The dim light of their weapons cast eerie shadows around them, only adding to the tense atmosphere.Rex shook his head. "No, sir. We don't know what we're dealing with. But we're prepared for whatever comes our way." Despite his confident words, there was an underlying uncertainty in his voice that betrayed his own apprehension.

Suddenly, a cackling laughter echoed through the cave, causing everyone to tense. It seemed to be coming from deeper within, near the large, living canopy suspended over the water. As they strained their eyes to see through the dim light, they caught sight of a tall, slender figure with long, red hair approaching them. Its face was concealed by a dark hood, and its voice was dripping with malice as it spoke.

"Well, well, what do we have here? A band of unsuspecting travelers?" the figure sneered, emerging from the shadows. "You know nothing, mortals."

Just then, a large, brown-black owl swooped down from the canopy, its eyes gleaming menacingly in the low light. The group instinctively took a step back, their hands tightening on their weapons. They knew they were in the presence of something dangerous—something deadly.

"Who are you, and what have you done to Anubis?" Anakin snapped, his lightsaber pointed accusingly at the mysterious figure. The owl's gaze shifted, its sharp eyes tracking their every move, as if daring them to make the first strike.

The hooded figure let out a chilling laugh, the sound bouncing off the cavern walls. "Oh, the young Jedi has a temper, I see. Fear not, your precious Anubis is unharmed... for now."

Obi-Wan stepped forward, placing a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "We're not here to fight," he said calmly, his voice resonating through the cave. "We only seek answers. Now, reveal yourself and tell us what you know."

After a tense moment, a stunning blue two-headed dragon emerged from the shadows, its scales shimmering like the crest of a breaking wave. The dragon wore an intricate gown that seemed to dance with fire.

"Young Jedi," the dragon purred, her voice as smooth as silk, "please excuse my sister Lizard's impropriety. She has a tendency to be... ungracious."

Anakin and Obi-Wan exchanged a quick glance, their expressions a mixture of surprise and confusion. The dragon's words were unexpected, to say the least.

Lizard, for her part, merely rolled her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic, Blue. I just don't see the point in coddling these mortals."

Blue let out a sigh. "Regardless, they are our guests, and we should treat them as such." She turned her attention back to the Jedi. "What is it you wish to know?"

Rex stepped forward, his jaw set in determination. "We want Anubis back," he demanded, raising his chin. "She's the only one who can lead us out of here."

Lizard let out a derisive snort. "Oh, is that all? You clones and your silly attachments."

Before Lizard could say another word, Blue lashed out with her tail, striking her sister hard. Lizard's head whipped to the side, one of her heads freezing in pain as Blue spat a corrosive, sizzling saliva onto her scales. Remarkably, Lizard didn't even flinch.

Obi-Wan raised his hand in a placating gesture. "Please, there's no need for violence. We merely seek to find our friend and leave this place in peace."

Blue turned her attention back to the Jedi, her gaze calculating. "Very well," she said at last. "Anubis is alive, but she has been taken prisoner by the Dweller in the Deep."

Rex and Fives exchanged worried glances. "Dweller in the Deep? Who's that?" Fives blurted out.Blue let out a weary sigh. "The Dweller in the Deep is one of the ancient Sith Lords who took refuge on this planet after the war ravaged Dathomir. He's one of the few Sith who survived the slaughter."

Anakin's grip on his lightsaber tightened. "If he's taken Anubis prisoner, we need to get her back. Now."

Obi-Wan nodded in agreement, his expression grim. "We'll need a plan. Blue, Lizard, can you tell us more about this Dweller? What kind of powers does he possess, and where can we find him?"Blue's eyes narrowed. "The Dweller is not to be trifled with. He's a master of the dark side, with powers that extend beyond anything you've faced before."

Lizard sneered. "And he's holed up in the heart of the mountain. Good luck getting to him without being killed."

Before anyone could respond, a young, pale girl suddenly entered the caves. All eyes turned to her, with Blue merely dipping her head in acknowledgment.

"Mother Daenerys," the white-haired girl addressed the newcomer. "I see you've returned. Have you been burning down droids again?"

The woman—apparently named Daenerys—nodded. "Yes, Drogon and I took care of them, but Rhaegal and Viserion are eager to meet their new little playmate."

The tension in the air grew thicker, as the mention of dragons stirred unease among the group. It was clear that Daenerys and her dragons were not to be taken lightly.

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "Mother Daenerys, we've come seeking the help of Anubis. We understand she's been taken prisoner by the Dweller in the Deep. Can you assist us in rescuing her?"

Daenerys turned to Obi-Wan, her expression grave. "The Dweller, yes. We can help, but..." She trailed off, her voice tinged with fear. "I'm afraid the blood of one of your troopers will have to be spilled."

The clone troopers exchanged worried glances, their hands tightening on their weapons. Anakin's jaw clenched in anger. "That's not an option," he growled. "We're not sacrificing any of our men."

Daenerys held up a hand. "I understand your reluctance, but it's the only way. The Dweller's lair is protected by ancient Sith magic that requires a blood sacrifice to enter."

Rex stepped forward, determination in his eyes. "If that's what it takes, I'll do it."

Fives and the other troopers immediately protested, but Rex silenced them with a look. "It's my duty to protect my team, and if my blood can save Anubis and help us escape this place, then it's a price I'm willing to pay."A rumbling sound echoed from one of the other caves, and a large, black and red dragon slunk out, his yellow eyes surveying the group. "No, no, no, Rex. You're one of the troopers who has bonded with Anubis. You can't be the sacrifice," the dragon rumbled. He then turned to Daenerys, his gaze piercing. "Mother, Viserion will play his part in this little game, but you must promise to let him play with Anubis when the time for pairing comes. That is what the Dweller has promised us."

Daenerys nodded, her expression stoic. "Very well, Drogon. Your loyalty to your future mate is admirable. But let us focus on the task at hand. We must rescue Anubis and escape this cursed place."

Rex let out a sigh of relief, grateful that he wouldn't have to make the ultimate sacrifice. The group began to strategize, discussing the best way to infiltrate the Dweller's lair and free Anubis from his grasp.