Chapter 3

Raptor felt the hammer lift off her and immediately jumped up and snapped her jaws at the man they had called Thor. The next thing she knew, she was knocked out of the jet and sliding across the cement ground. She growled and struggled to get back to her feet as fresh blood ran down her sides, before she could attack again however, she was struck down again and this time she felt strong chains wrap around her mouth and legs while the other man she'd learned to be called Tony picked her back up and carried her inside, her claws doing nothing but making loud irritating sounds on the metal suit he wore.

"The beast has spirit." Thor grinned as he saw Raptor's burning gaze rake over them.

Tony grunted as she clawed at his faceplate. "Yeah, a bit too much... JARVIS how's Barton?"

Raptor flung her head back as a disembodied voice spoke back. "Agent Barton has been healed well with the help of Dr. Cho."

"Well that's one problem taken care of." He muttered while taking Raptor with him to the lab.

The nerve of this man to chain me! Raptor screeched in her mind.

Her human part however, was more reasonable. "They want to help, let me take over, we need to gain their trust."

No we don't! We don't need anyone's help! No one is worthy to allow me to submit and allow anyone to live!

Raptor didn't hear another retort against her reasoning as Tony strapped her down to a table and began running scans over her while looking at the results on screens. He started talking to the disembodied voice of JARVIS again as the scanning ceased only to be replaced by a sharp pain in her neck as he took a blood sample. She watched him place a few drops in a high tech machine while taking another sample and placing it under a microscope before writing something down and turning to face her.

"So, you're human right? No, of course you are, my calculations and scanners are never wrong." He replied for her. "Mind showing your real face?"

Raptor snarled in response. How dare this man ask me to put down my defenses!

Tony looked at the screen, as there was a beep. "Hmm, spike in your brain activity. I'll take it someone is grumpy."

She thrashed around, biting at the chains as they slipped, until she had freed her head. Tony backed away as she snapped at him and continued struggling to no avail, once he saw this a smile formed once again on his face.

"JARVIS continue running scans on her, alert me if she escapes." He told his AI. "Oh, and get Banner to lab two, there's something I want to work on with Loki's scepter."

"Right away sir." JARVIS replied.

Raptor watched as he walked out. Once he was gone she began her struggle again. The thick bindings however barely gave and pinched her skin. She could hear the hum of the scanners as the computer tried to figure out everything about her that it could for Tony. Finally she grew too tired to continue her fighting to get free and listened to the near silence around her, she could almost imagine she was back in her cell at HYDRA. All she needed was the room to be completely dark and colder, with that everything would be back to normal. Despite that she still felt herself fall into sleep as the fight and stress of being captured took its toll.

When she woke up again it was to the sound of someone shouting from a floor above. Raptor began struggling again as the sounds of fighting increased before the door to the room she was in shattered as a zombie like robot barged into the room. Raptor growled threateningly, feeling very defenseless against this new threat as she tried to break free once again.

"I am Ultron." The robot announced. "And I will purge this world of war and evil."

That's reassuring. Raptor snorted and snapped at the figure.

"I know." Her human side agreed worriedly. "Do you think it means to kill us?"

Ultron seemed to see her fear despite her face not being human. "Oh, I will not kill you. You are a victim here, locked up and experimented on. I will help you, if you help me, how does that sound?"

He didn't wait for her to respond before breaking the bonds and looking down expectantly at her for her answer. Raptor however, had a different plan. She let out a hissing noise before jumping up and closing her jaws around the metal faceplate. Ultron easily pulled her off and dropped her onto the floor before stepping heavily onto her back with one metal foot.

"Now is that anyway to treat your savior?" Ultron questioned, pressing harder down on her until she shrieked in pain.

Raptor knew she was beat, this thing, Ultron, may have been a robot but she could still sense his power and dominance. In fact he, if you could call a robot a specific gender, seemed to show stronger dominance power than her creator and that was saying a lot. So despite all her alpha qualities that told her to keep fighting, she turned human and admitted defeat. Ultron would be the one to give her orders for now, until she could beat him, he had become the alpha.

"I will help." Raptor spoke up finally, feeling him get off her spine as he walked towards the door.

"Good." Ultron replied before summoning one of Stark's suits to carry her off to Sokovia where he would be joining her shortly after giving the Avengers a little chat.