Chapter 13

"Okay, we need to get these people evacuated!" Captain America shouted over the chaos around them. "S.H.I.E.L.D. is on their way to help but we have to start now!"

"I'm on it." Wanda replied as she started taking control of people.

"Stark, try to disable the levitation device before we're too high up." Cap turned to look at the others. "The rest of you are to minimize casualties and destroy every Ultron robot. Remember if you get hurt, hurt them back, and if you get killed... walk it off."

"Walk it off? I'll run it off." Pietro mumbled under his breath with a small grin.

"What about Omega and Sigma?" Raptor asked as the two half robots watched the robots closing in on them.

"We'll see." Captain America replied, before rushing off to the fight.

Raptor shifted forms and immediately began ripping wires and dodging bullets as Ultron's army surrounded her. A quick glance around showed that the robot in charge was nowhere to be found. A gunshot went off that was different from the others and she glanced around to see police scrambling away from Quicksilver as he dropped the weapon back on the ground with a smirk on his face. Raptor shredded another sentry's wires and pulled the head off the robot as she returned to her opponents. A bullet ripped against her side from above and she growled in anger before looking up to see some of the robots flying. They weren't for long though, as Thor lit them up with lightning or crushed them with his hammer.

Now that they're being taken care of... I'll find Ultron. Raptor ran off, destroying more sentries as she went.

She found Ultron right where she expected him to be: in the church. He looked up at her as she entered and she noticed he was once again in a new body. Raptor snarled at him and stalked forward, Omega and Sigma were in the shadows stalking in from behind while she distracted him.

"You're too late to stop me." Ultron's voice was colder than she remembered. "Your extinction is inevitable, once this town rises up high enough it will drop and cause a cataclysmic event that will wipe out everything. When it's done the world will then be turned to metal."

Raptor shivered at the thought of standing on a giant meteor but lunged at him. Ultron gave her an electrical shock and she sank to the ground dazed while Omega and Sigma leapt out and tried taking on the psycho robot. They didn't stand a chance however and Raptor changed their orders, the two jumped away from Ultron before running off to continue fighting the sentries. She got back to her feet and aimed to take out Ultron's glowing eyes to blind him but the ground shook violently as the levitation machine broke the surface, causing her to stumble.

"Say goodbye." Ultron laughed. "Even Stark won't be able to reverse this, bless the old man's heart for trying, but you Avengers will fail."

Raptor lunged again and managed to catch Ultron in the right eye, the glow from it faded out, before she received another blow that made her retreat a few steps. She panted tiredly, still not recovered from previous fights, but forced herself to move as Ultron tirelessly made another move to attack.

Ultron tightly gripped one of the spikes on the back of her neck as she tried to dodge again. "You think trying to fight will bring peace? Human's are the reason peace will never exist! Destroying them is the only way to bring peace in our time."

Raptor shifted to human form and managed to pull free. "Genocide isn't peace!"

"Listen to you." Ultron sneered. "You sound like them now. You will eventually learn that peace will come out of human obliteration; don't you want to have peace? HYDRA created your kind to remove S.H.I.E.L.D. to create world peace, it would fail of course, but you were created to bring peace through bloodshed."

She laughed darkly. "I don't think the peace part was right... bringing bloodshed... now that sounds more like me."

Ultron went to attack her again when Vision burst through the wall; he glanced at where Raptor had been standing once the dust cleared only to see empty air. "I'll send that one back to the Cretaceous."

Raptor didn't stick around to find out if Vision would destroy Ultron. Instead she took her chance to leave and regroup with Quicksilver and the others. Looking around she could see Wanda had stopped with the evacuations and had now joined the fight, killing off sentries effortlessly. Raptor was glad the two of them were on the same side as she watched red wrap around two robots before they crumbled to dust. She summoned Omega and Sigma to her side to gather new orders.

Herd the sentries away from the remaining people. Bring them near the edge. Kill the ones that can fly before they can take off. Omega and Sigma gave squawking sounds before running off.

Raptor took off as well, once again ripping through the robots and moving on to circle some back towards where Wanda and Hulk where crushing them. A child's scream made her pause and she scented blood as she neared the sentry aiming a gun at the small child. She snarled and slammed into it, causing its shot to miss as it crashed into a wall. Raptor turned to look down at the trembling child, her eyes were large with fear as blood ran down her face, and just for a moment Raptor felt her instincts telling her to finish off the helpless child before her. She snapped out of it though and turned human before picking the kid up, she had to get the child to a safe place... wherever that would be now that the city was rising rapidly off the ground.

"Uh... just..." Raptor glanced back down at the girl then back at the destruction around them. "Stay quiet, I'll try to sneak past the robots."

The girl obeyed, whether out of fear, pain, or obedience, Raptor didn't know. At least she was able to run through the shadows with minimal sentries spotting them. She wasn't sure how far or long she'd been running for but finally she found Thor, he was badly injured, but at least he had his hammer and could still fly.

"Thor, take her to the others on the ground." She handed the child to him before he could speak and shifted forms as she ran off.

S.H.I.E.L.D. finally arrived a few minutes later and Raptor felt relief flood through her. The fighting was almost done; reinforcements had arrived. She Joined Omega and Sigma as they tore at the trapped sentries; new energy seemed to flood through her as she saw the end of the fight drawing near. The only thing that made her pause was the sight of Quicksilver and Hawkeye beginning to fall into the sentries' trap as the Avenger went to save a trapped boy and Quicksilver went to help.