foreword

savage instincts

the moon binds them-
he wants in;
she wants out

──────────

i have late
night conversations
with the moon;
he tells me about the sun
and i tell him about you

- s.l. gray

──────────

i love thee with a love
that shall not die,
till the sun grows cold
and
the stars grow old

- william shakespeare

──────────

"I smelled your heat even from afar," he smirked

"I smelled your heat even from afar," he smirked. "Don't you feel mine? That primal hunger that's making you wish to tear my clothes off right now-"

"Shut up!"

○○○

Layla Nightshade never ventured to the world beyond her small town, Mistwood. That is to say her family never let her escape their clutches, worried about her survival as the only wolf child in the pack who hasn't yet felt the call of her wolf. Layla has accepted that being human would be her entire life.

However, things take a turn when her father fixes her union with Alpha Knox, the Alpha of the neighbor pack who claims to be her mate. Layla needs a mate to undergo her transformation but isn't ready to accept her fate.

She flees instead, accidentally crossing into the territory of Alpha Khaos, the infamous Alpha of the Eclipse Pack. For the first time ever, Layla feels the mate bond tug at her. Yet, she isn't ready to accept being bound to anyone.

As Khaos holds her captive, unwillingly to let go, Layla finds herself facing the reality of the wolves and confronting her savage instincts.

──────────

release dates

subscriptions: 1st April, 2024

inkitt: 12 April, 2024

wattpad: 19 April, 2024

weekly updates on all platforms;
early updates on inkitt and ream

──────────

this story will contain sexually explicit content, graphic violence, and mental health themes

please read at your own discretion

──────────

playlist

wolves | selena gomez, marshmellow

crashing | illenium, bahari

believer | imagine dragons

animals | maroon 5

dangerous woman | ariana grande

the full playlist is available on my spotify; link in bio

──────────

copyright

© 2024 Iya Hart

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods without prior written permission of the author.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

──────────

follow me to stay updated:

iyahartwrites - instagram | inkitt | reamstories

☆☆☆