Help Him, As Much As He Helped Me

-Stiles-

I didn't know where to start. I needed information, I needed proof, I needed a thread of clues. If I wanted to see my dad again I had to find something that would unlock the whole story.

I needed that something, the detail that will lead me on the right track. I didn't know if I would have the strength to go outside, where my dad's bloodied car stood, still.

But I had to. I had managed to regain my composure, Noah had saved me. He had taken care of me when my brothers had to leave for their many hunts and duties as hunters. He contributed to my education as much as my brothers did and even though he's a retired hunter and was never really keen on teaching me the job he never stopped me from doing as I pleased. He always supported me and gave me love and attention. He felt like family. He felt like my dad.

And now I had to be strong for him, to find him. Find him and help him as much as he helped me.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took a shaky breath in, forcing my heartbeat down, and I answered the phone.

Sc:What's up dude ? Why did you call me ? I heard Scott ask on the other line

St:Oh it's nothing, don't worry Scotty...I can manage it by myself. I told him, my voice was a bit weak but it did not crack nore shake as my lie became very believable.

I didn't want to lie to Scott, he was my friend and my go to if there was any problem I couldn't deal with alone or only with my dad. But he hadn't answered. I didn't want to blame him for being busy, of course, but I felt a bit betrayed.

I shouldn't have felt that way. But I did. I always tried making myself available for him. I know I would have picked up that phone if it were him. Busy or not, I would have answered.

It was stupid, I was stupid. I felt like, once again, I had put myself in a position where I gave my whole to someone. Where I put everything in a friendship, and they just don't do the same.

And now that I realized I had given too much compared to what they were willing to give to me, I felt used when in reality they had never promised me anything. I was the one who had simply assumed they would match what I gave them.

I couldn't blame him, but I still felt hurt. Hurt and guilty, because now I didn't want to give anything. Now I wanted to enclose myslef in my own shell. Now I didn't want to talk to him about my problems.

Sc:Really ? No, I'm saying that beacsue you called me like 5 times in a row. I paused for a second.

My lips tightened in a line. Could I.. Could I hear irritation in his voice !?

My eyebrows frowned. He couldn't have known something as serious as my dad missing was going on. Sure. However I called him 5 times, he did not pick up and now he had the nerves to be irritated. I didn't let the silence settle in. I responded before he could even detect something could have been wrong.

St:Ahah ! Yeah dude sorry, I thought it was urgent but it's okay.

I wanted to scream at him. My world was collapsing but it didn't matter. Him not caring as much as I did was going to be helpful actually. He wouldn't question me if it didn't involved him, therefore I could do basically everything I needed to as long as it didn't came to his hearing.

I tried to find the best in this situation. I had been disappointed in how I discovered Scott viewed our friendship. But at least it wouldn't hurt as much when I'll convince Sam to take me on dean's and his hunts around the country.