Chapter 8 - Rebirth

Chapter 8: Rebirth

October 6, 2015. Grimstone Asylum Grounds, Northern Pack Lands.

It was like I was on the verge of imploding.

I barely could breathe, hardly took in the air as panic began sinking inside. My mind began spinning, my heart racing like mad inside my chest. I immediately stepped back, feeling shaky and numb all over as he began walking toward me.

Narrowing my eyes, I watched him get close, his features clearer now that I was inches away. This wasn't the first time that I was hallucinating him so close to me, neither the last. Dom stood right in front of me, dressed in his white hospital robe and his hair tousled.

"What—what do you want?" I stammered, my heart racing even faster.

I didn't want to scream, I didn't want to be called crazy. Not anymore. This was just in my head. My head alone. I was the only one seeing him, so there was no need to alert anyone. I had already done it once and like Dr. Frost said, there was no one there. There's no one here either.

The longer I stared at him in the silence, the more his eyes grew animalistic, almost shifty.

He appeared like a creature in the dark, there was darkness within him, it was black and hollow, scary, and unnatural. A madness rested beneath the calmness of his expression—he had been a monster. He was a monster.

For just an instant, I was back in Hollow Point, fighting for my life as he attacked me.

The panic amplified tenfold and I shook my head, unable to make any sound leave my mouth.

He reached near me, and whispered in a low, gritty voice, "Boo."

I bolted backward, slamming against the wooden drawer, causing the pain to seep into my body. The thud echoed throughout the room as his eyes took me in. I was left hyperventilating, staring at him as he extended his hand out, reaching for my arm.

"You really need to get it together," he sneered as my face twisted with confusion. "I mean, aren't you supposed to be smart and shit at this age?"

My knees were trembling, and my eyes narrowed into thin slits. "Stop it, stop doing this."

"Doing what? You want me to stop from what? Breathing?"

"Stop tormenting me. Go, leave me alone. Please." I backed up to the wall with my heart hammering in my chest.

I closed my eyes shut tight, praying that he'd be gone by the time that I would open them again. I just wanted him to leave and not torture me anymore. All these horrible things had stopped for days and I actually believed they were gone, that I was getting back on my feet and all. And there he was again, fucking haunting me like it was his sole mission.

"Oh, stop it," he grabbed my arm this time, and I jolted back, surprised by his touch. When I opened my eyes, he was still there and not a damn thing was different, except for the fact that he was very much there. Present. "Do you really think you can kill someone like me? It would take far more than your anger to kill me. Perhaps, far more people than yourself, too."

What was going on?

"W-what?" I said, my voice filled with so much emotion, it choked my words and breathing. "Y-you?"

Dom's face was unreadable. I knew what he had been talking about, but my brain was too slow to really comprehend what he was saying, let alone figure out how the hell it was even possible for him to stand right in front of me, speaking to me.