Chapter 3: 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 | 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚

Y/N SAT LOOKING OFF THE EDGE OF APPA. His eyes tracked the trees he had seen as Aang looked at him. They flew over the horizon on the vast sky, bison, buffalo to some.

Y/N: "Aang... Have you ever seen a place covered in black flames?"

Aang: "Black flames? No?" He said, "Can flames even be black? I only knew they could be orange and blue. The clear flames at the temple were that color."

Y/N, hearing Aang's response, goes into deep thought. Katara looks at them, reaching down beside Appa. She was laid down on her stomach, propped up on her elbows. Looking at the clouds below.

Katara: "Look at those clouds. They look so fluffy, don't they?"

Sokka turns to her. "Why don't you test how soft they are?" He said, rolling his eyes

Katar looks over to Sokka, giving him a sideways glance. "Very funny." her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Energetically, Aang grabs his staff and stands up. "I want to try!" He leaps off Appa, spiraling through the air with a carefree laugh, giving a playful wink to the camera as he descends into the clouds below, laughing all the way. "Whoo-hoo!"

Y/N, who watched this, blinked several times. "...Clouds are made of water." He said as not even moments later, Aang flew back up.

Aang: "Turns out clouds are made of-"

"We know. Y/N told us." Katara and Sokka say together as if practiced.

Aang looked at Y/N with a smile as he took a deep breath and firmly pressed his balled right fist against his open left palm, releasing air that encircled him, effectively drying his soaked clothes. He then leaned back comfortably on his hands, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched Momo's fur puff up amusingly from the breeze. Y/N chuckled at the sight, standing just off to the side.

Katara glanced at Sokka, her eyes reflecting mild annoyance at his usual antics, but her attention quickly shifted. "Hey, what is that?" she asked, her tone laced with curiosity.

Sokka turned to follow her gaze, his expression changing as he saw what had caught her attention. Curious, Katara walked to the front of Appa's saddle.

Aang and Y/N also moved forward. Looking at the scenery.

Below them, a large swath of burned land marred the otherwise vibrant forest, resembling a deep scar across the earth

Below them, a large swath of burned land marred the otherwise vibrant forest, resembling a deep scar across the earth. The entire group, including those clustered at the front of the saddle, stared in silence, their faces etched with surprise and concern.

"It's like a scar..." Sokka murmured, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Y/N's eyes widened at the sight. "So this is the effect the Fire Nation had on other parts of the Earth Kingdom..."

꧁༺ ༻꧂