Chapter Ten

"So," The Alpha raised one eyebrow. "You're Zade's daughter?" He asked as we entered the mansion.

Before we entered, I hesitated. The Alpha gave me a confused look and gestured for me to come inside. He told me it didn't matter if I messed the floors because the Omegas will clean it.

It was a bit weird. Awkward actually. And now he asked me a question he already knew the answer to. And part of me thinks he's trying to get a conversation going─well, wants to think.

I licked my suddenly dry lips. "Yeah." I whisper.

I'm not a shy person. I'm quite out-going. But Alpha Lucien makes me feel things I haven't experienced before. It's maddening.

"Do you have a name?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

He didn't know my name.

"I thought you knew my name..."

"I don't." He smiled. "And I'm not happy about it."

I frowned at his statement. He saw my expression and grinned.

"I would love to have stalked you, but unfortunately I didn't know who you were exactly, not until today anyway." His voice was deep and low. "I'm the type of man who loves to have information at the palm of his hands."

My lips parted as I took in everything he said. "I've noticed."

His grin widened. "What were you doing out? Shouldn't the princess stay indoors?"

I bit my bottom lip, thinking about whether I should tell him the truth or not. He may be my mate, but he's still a stranger. I don't know anything about him and the only thing I do know is that he's the bad guy.

My enemy's enemy.

An enemy of an enemy is a friend.

I no longer have a father. Just an enemy. My mate was my enemy's enemy, and was now going to be my friend.

If the Alpha treats me like his mate, I'll do the same. If he treats me as nothing then I'll do the same. I'm infuriated by Zade.

The only thing that would satisfy is the look on his face once he sees that his enemy is my mate.

What can he do?

Like he said, maybe it was fated. Because it is.

The Moon Goddess paired me up with Alpha Lucien for a reason.

"I..." I bit my bottom lip. "I ran away. I wanted to go back home."

"Home? The human world? Is that were Esra has been hiding all these years?" He hummed in the end as he sipped on a glass of whisky that he poured himself.

I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing for him to know about my mother. I wanted to trust him. My gut said to trust him. But there was that lingering wariness.

Before I knew it, the question slipped from my mouth. "Are you going to hurt me?"

He stopped. He put his glass down and walked toward me, then caressed my cheek gently. "I'm not a good man, little wolf, but I would never harm you."

Little wolf.

My heart skipped a beat. I hope he couldn't hear how my heart jumped. For a second, I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

"Now, Sarah will take you to your room then you can get cleaned up. I'll be waiting here." He said in the softest tone ever.

Wait. My room?

"Am-" I was cut off by Sarah, the omega, who called for me. I gave Lucien an apologetic smile.

I'll have to ask him my question later.

Half an hour later after I'm done showering, washing and drying my hair, I came out of my room in an emerald dress. It was beautiful, casual and not too stylish.

Lucien didn't lie when he said he'd wait for me in his living room. He sat on one of the couches, slouching with his right foot over his left thigh. He was busy on his phone, but shoved it away and came to me as soon as he saw me.

"Beautiful." Lucien whispered.

"Thanks." I said. My cheeks started to heat up.

My hair was tied into a bun with bangs hanging on the sides of my face. Lucien took a few strands and sniffed it, irritation crosses his face.

"Sarah!" I yelled for her.

"Yes, Alpha." She came quickly.

He turned to her. "What happened to the strawberry scents?"

I nearly choked on my own breath while inhaling. He was upset about my hair not smelling like strawberries? I tried not to laugh behind his back.

"I... Uh... We didn't have." Sarah said.

"Didn't have?" Lucien asked. "Didn't have? Since when do we not have what I want?"

Sarah swallowed. Her fear was visible. I almost felt sorry for her. But then again, it was funny when Lucien was mad. I've learnt to accept that.

"I'll get it right away, Alpha."

He brushed her off with a single wave and she left almost running.

"You didn't have to scare her off like that." I told him after she left.

He eyed me. "I asked for strawberries and they give me some cheap berry scent. It's unacceptable."

I sighed. "My hair is fine. It's not going to fall off."

"Little wolf, I think you should get used to how things work around here."

Little wolf?

"Excuse me? What did you just call me?"

He hummed. "I hate repeating myself."

"Then I suggest you get used to how I work." I place my hands on my hips. "I'm not little."

In my wolf form.

In my human form I was small. In my wolf form I was probably bigger than him.

But I was bigger than how I was in the human world. The first day I came here and I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked older. Like I've aged five years. I looked mature and like a lady. Yet no one treated me like one. I still looked like a child to them.

He studied my expression, as if he knew what was going on in my head.

"Don't get me wrong. You're not little. I've seen you in action. You even beat some of my wolves." He stated. Slowly, his hands pulled my hands away from my hips and took it's place. He gripped me tight and pulled me closer to him. "But you're mine. You're mine, little wolf." He whispered in my ear. "Understood?"

I shivered, his words sinking in. I have yearned for my mate to tell me that, and now that he has... it sounds almost too good.

I want to trust him, but at the same time I don't want to. He's the bad guy. The villain. And my mate.

Was I meant to be bad?

Or was I meant to turn him into a good person?

My mother always told me that everything happens for a reason. I was paired with the villain for what?

He hated hybrids. I was a hybrid. Part tundra wolf and part dire wolf. His kind hated dire wolves. They hated Zade. Yet here I was, standing in front of the cruel Alpha who whispered in my ear that I'm his.

It's an all act.

Maybe. Maybe not. There was only one way to find out and that was to play along.