[] Chapter 3: Allies Or Tools? []

__________________________________________
𝐊𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
__________________________________________

.

..

...

....

.....

......

".....That's Ryuuen-kun and his minions. Seems like they're having a tough time," Kei observed, peering cautiously from behind me.

"Yeah, it does look like they're in trouble," I agreed, casting a glance at the chaotic scene inside the cafeteria while still gripping the ledge.

"Do you plan to save them?" Kei inquired, her concern evident as she held onto me tightly from behind.

I considered her question for a moment.

"You don't want me to?" I asked, aware of Kei's disdain for Ryuuen and his group.

She hesitated before responding, "I might have said no, but I know you have a connection with that girl, Shiina-san, right? So, even if I objected, you'd still want to help them, wouldn't you?"

Kei's words struck a chord with me. Despite any personal feelings, Ryuuen and his minions could prove to be valuable allies 'tools' in our current predicament.

__________________________________________

ᴇʟɪᴛᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘꜱᴇ

__________________________________________

"Hold on tight," I instructed Kei, and without hesitation, she complied, clutching onto me tightly. Carefully, I shifted my body backward while maintaining a firm grip on the ledges to prevent myself from falling.

In a daring move, I executed a somersault, using little bit of my strength to shatter the window of the cafeteria as I entered, flipping gracefully into the room. Kei's grip tightened even more as she was visibly frightened by the sudden maneuver.

The horde of undead, poised to attack Ryuuen and his group, froze in their tracks at the sound of the window shattering.

With my baton extended in my right hand, I guided Kei off my back as we prepared to face the oncoming threat.

Grrrrrrr Rhaaaaaa

The growls of the undead filled the air as they surged toward us, driven by their insatiable hunger.

Amidst the chaos, I caught a glimpse of worry on the face of my book buddy, Hiyori. With calculated precision, I stealthily moved among the zombies, swiftly dispatching them one by one.

The impact of my blows shattered their skulls, sending blood spraying, staining my once pristine white shirt and splattering across my face.

"Now, you got me and my shirt dirty," I remarked as I lifted one of the undead by the throat and hurled it towards the others, using the distraction to buy myself some breathing room. The weight of the creature caught me off guard, reminding me of their formidable strength compared to humans.

While I continued to fend off multiple zombies at once, Kei quietly made her way towards the kitchen of the cafeteria, her intentions unknown to me.

Ishizaki and Albert joined the fray, lending their aid in the battle, albeit not as adeptly as I. Ibuki took on the role of protecting Hiyori, ensuring her safety amidst the chaos.

Meanwhile, Ryuuen remained nonchalant, seemingly confident in his survival as he observed the scene with a smirk. However, the situation took a turn for the worse as the horde of undead began to swell in numbers.