Chapter Twenty: An Unexpected Ally

"Well, well, what do we have here?" A red-haired hunter said when he came out of the woods.

  "Who are you?" Corvin asked when he turned toward the red-haired stranger.
While Kass stood there motionless with a fierce look and his wings had turned crimson and he was standing next to Corvin.

  "It's none of your business, " the red-haired boy replied.

  "What do you want, hunter?" Kass snarled at the red-haired hunter. He wants to protect Corvin and Angelise because he doesn't know what this guy is capable of. He is willing to beat living the shit out of the guy and possibly torture the guy, but Corvin doesn't want him to allow to torture him.

  "How about a nice fight?" said the red-haired hunter. "If I win, I want the light blue-haired girl to go on a date with me. I will leave you and your man."

  Angelise and Corvin stood there motionless.

  "How do I even care?" Kass growled. "You are like all of those filthy Minervanians. Please leave her alone."

"If you win, I will tell you everything, and let us be friends," the red-haired stranger replied. "Besides, I even don't even like sickos and I am
kinda a loner."

"Who the fuck are you?!!!" Kass asked angrily.

"Let's fight, deal?" The red-haired boy exclaimed.

  "Screw you!" Kass cussed at the guy by holding out his left talon hand and he gave him an index finger. "Leave the fuck of us alone!!!"

"That was about it!!! This would lead me to no choice but to fight you!!!,"
he shouted at Kass.

  Then, His mechanic arm pulled out of a blade that looked like it radiant the sun, and it seemed like it was made of the gemstone Carnelian with bronze.

  The red-haired hunter begins to run up and charge at Kass, but Kass blocks the attack with his wings by shielding his crystalline body from the attack.

  Kass begins to feel the red-haired hunter's mechanized arm withdraw a blade that blazed like the sun itself—a fusion of molten bronze and the fiery essence of a carnelian gemstone.

  Who's the heck wrong with this guy? I will make sure that creep doesn't get his hands on Angelise, he thought. He doesn't lose either Angelise or Corvin, because they are also part of what was left of Rori besides his Dragonessense that he has inherited from her. He doesn't want to carry this burden on them. He had failed to protect Rori, but he didn't want to fail to protect them. And this time, he will make sure to protect them.
When the red-haired hunter boy was about to strike him his wings changed red to blue, but suddenly Kass ended up using his Art and his body started to vaporize into the mist.

"Huh?" The red-haired boy said when he was shocked and confused after Kass's body had disappeared into the mist.

Then Kass high-jumped behind him and wiped out his sword from his tail, he gave him a surprised attack to let him can't see what was coming for him.

  The forest held its breath as Kass’s blade met the sun-blade—a clash of fire and frost. The red-haired hunter staggered, eyes wide with disbelief.
His mechanized arm trembled, and for a moment, the world hung in balance.

Corvin and Angelise stood there to watch Kass and the hunter boy battling out.

Angelise watched, torn between fascination and fear. Her light blue hair shimmered like moonlight, caught in the crossfire of destiny. She had secrets too—ones that whispered through her veins, ancient and forgotten.

  The hunter lunged, sun-blade singing through the air. Kass met him, he blocked his attack with his crystalline sword and it's deflecting each strike. But the hunter was relentless, fueled by secrets and shadows.
Then, in a burst of Art, Kass vanished—mist and memory. The hunter stumbled, the blade slicing through the air. But Kass reappeared—behind him, sword poised.

Wings of Reckoningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें