Chapter 2

So yeah sorry for the wait but finals are coming up and the teachers believe cramming my brain with knowledge every five seconds will be the solution to passing them so heads up next chapter might not b e post until after may (when finals take place) but I'm working on it. This goes out to all my fans, thank you for liking.

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Ashton was startled as he turned to see what the commotion was about. The scene was amusing. He felt pity for the poor man that would be subjugated to the woman’s wrath. The man seemed not that much older than him. His brown russet hair seemed wrong when he caught sight of his eyes. They were green, not a color common around Nordale. Himself, for one, had quite an exotic color his eyes being teal. Though it was amusing to watch this man struggle to temper the woman’s rage, Ashton decided to save the poor soul before the young woman ripped him a new one. There had been many outings where this sort of thing would happen and it never ended well for the person who committed the offence.

With a small smile, he sauntered over to the two. He recognized the girl instantly. She was a distant acquaintance of his sister’s.  “Emilia.” He started. She stopped from her tirade against the poor foreign stranger to look at him. Her expression changed drastically. “Ah, my prince.” She rushed to a curtsy. Glancing around, she saw that she had garnered the attention of numerous other guests.

“Oh my!” she raised a delicate well manicured hand to her mouth in surprise. “Was I causing a disturbance?”

Ashton widened his eyes in mock surprise. “Of course not but you seemed flustered from where I could see you, so I came over to ask what’s wrong?”

“Well,” All of her previous anger rose back up to her face. “This cretin,” She began, pointing her finger at the brown haired stranger. “The abominable fool that he is spilled wine all over my gown. And he has nerve enough to call it an accident!”

Ashton nodded as she spoke. “And was it an accident?” He asked.

The stranger spoke this time. “Yes, my Prince.” The man’s voice was smooth even though the annoyance was evident in it.

Emilia huffed. “If you had half a brain in that head of yours, there would be no ‘accidents’.”

Ashton wanted to roll his eyes, Emilia was being dramatic. “Ah, but even you are prone to have an accident from time to time. Or need I remind you of your own ‘accidents’.” He gave a small smile, Ashton was pleased when she paled slightly.

“Now before you ruin the mood of the party, which could ruin the ceremony, I suggest you go find my sister and ask for a dress, you are about the same size.” He offered and turned to the other man looking him over once more, completely finished with the jejune problem.

“Hello, may I ask what your name is? I have never seen you around.”

The stranger had to keep himself from grinning. He bowed slowly. “My name is Kent Prestwick. A ward of Lord Bloodwood the Third.” As he stood up straight he grabbed the royal’s hand and brought it to his lips. “I am truly honored to make your acquaintance. I apologize for any trouble I have caused.”

Ashton ducked his head slightly looking up in embarrassment. No one had ever kissed his hand as if he were a lady. It was endearing and embarrassing all at once.

“All is forgiven, no harm was done.” He held out his arm out for ‘Kent’ to take. “Why don’t you come with me and talk, the idea that Lord Blackwood has a ward is….interesting.”

It didn’t take long for them to escape the hustle and bustle of the main hall. The castle had many hallways and corridors. Ashton had always thought that having so many did more harm than good. It made getting from one place to another swiftly nearly impossible unless you knew your way around. It also meant that he had spent many times getting lost in his own home.