I breathe flames each time I talk - Chapter 4

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Chapter 4: Wildest Dreams

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Apparently, her brothers' night spent with too much Fireale and their resulting tale of Oriana just suddenly appearing before them, had resulted in Titania screaming at the hungover trio from the top of her lungs for getting drunk enough to hallucinate.

Enya had just let their sister scream at their brothers because hearing Titania screech had apparently been much more amusing than trying to clear up the resulting confusion.

"You are favouring your right side. What happened?" Enya demanded, after Oriana and Azriel's shadows had once again kidnapped her and Oriana sighed. It was pure wishful thinking that she could get away with hiding it.

"It's a long story," she started but held still as Enya's magic wafted over her. Checking on her.

"You have two cracked ribs, Oriana," her sister said tightly, glaring at her. Right. That explained why it hurt.

"Azriel's brother was so worried about him that he shattered my fucking wards..." she started to explain.

"And he shattered your ribs too?" Enya snapped.

"You said they were cracked," Oriana quipped and Enya just glared at her, though reached into her back to give her balm of something that she knew was going to at least soothe the ache. It would take a few days to completely disappear but the sharp pain she had with every breath would disappear.

"The next time, you shatter something of him," Enya told her commandingly.

"I put his hair on fire, does that count?" she asked, unscrewing the jaw and untrucking the shirt she wore from her skirt to put the salve on her skin.

"Yes, it does," Enya harrumphed, still not seeming particularly about it. Still, Oriana could deal with that.

Once her ribs stopped hurting that badly, she watched as her sister checked on Azriel.

Her brows furrowed and Oriana's heart picked up, not liking at all what Enya wasn't saying.

"He's healing," Enya finally said. "But you have a choice to make."

"What kind of choice?" Oriana asked carefully, preparing herself for the bad news.

"nothing bad," Enya promised her. "I can keep him out for a while longer. But his magic is surging."

That didn't sound good.

"What does that mean?" Oriana asked quietly, staring at Azriel's prone form. What was he doing?"

"For him? He's searching. He wants to wake up. He's a warrior?" Enya asked her and she just nodded. "He's searching for a threat. Probably to you. He's fighting against the magic I am using to keep him down and I am not certain that he won't succeed."

"And if you don't let him wake up carefully, he could force himself awake," Oriana ended quietly. Enya nodded.

"That would be... extremely disconcerting to him. But if I lift it now...he's nowhere ready to be on his feet. You'll need to do your best to keep him off his feet and in bed for at least three days."

Right.

"He'll be on pain potions?" she checked and Enya nodded.

"They won't be enough to knock him out," she warned Oriana.

She just nodded.

"Do it."

"I'll lift it, but you should probably get out of his range," Enya warned her.