1.2 Shoe-mentor!

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet

Josephine's foot tapped impatiently against the marble floor

Josephine's foot tapped impatiently against the marble floor. She threw another glare at the large portrait she was leaning against. "C'mon Elizabeth, you know me, why can't you just let me in?" she pleaded, but the fat lady stubbornly shook her head. "You know with Black on the loose i can't let anyone in without a password, even though i allowed it last year." she explained to the Ravenclaw. Josephine angrily let out a breath.

After several minutes, the portrait opened, Josephine looked up to see Ginny climbing out. The ginger shot her an excited smile and the two linked arms. "Finally! I thought we agreed that we'd meet at seven-thirty? Its seven fourty-five!" she complained, bumping Ginny's shoulder, "I know, but i couldn't find my schedule anywhere!" she explained to her friend, who rolled her eyes, "We literally have the same, it's Gryffindor-Ravenclaw all semester!". Ginny's face twisted into a sheepish smile, "Oh yeah, sorry Jo,".

The two girls entered the great hall and strolled over to the Gryffindor table to fetch some breakfast. Josephine sat down next to Ron Weasley and Ginny next to Neville. Jo smiled politely at the ginger whom was stuffing his face with very syrupy pancakes, he gave her a nod.

When Ginny had finally finished with her cereal, Josephine had memorised her schedule and checked her bag for the third time that day. She had slung it over her shoulder lazily and had been rummaging inside.

"Gin, come on! We'll be late for DADA and i will not be late on the first day of school!" she complained l, tugging at her friend's arm. Ginny let out a scoff but grudginly followed Josephine, who was rushing through the halls.

Out of breath, the two girls entered the classroom, met by a dozen heads turning their way, "Miss Weasley, miss Malaika, right on time!" their new teacher smiled at them. "Today, i'd like to start with a practical lesson, so please grab only your wand and follow me," their professor Lupin requested. Josephine and Ginny shot each-other a wary look.

"What we will encounter today is technically third-year material, but i thought i'd take advantage of the situation," Lupin explained, the students followed him to an empty classroom, decorated only with a large closet that occasionally let out bangs. "Now, can anyone identify this magical creature?" He asked.

The class was silent as a mouse, until little Colin Creevey raised his trembling arm, "A-a boggart, sir?" he tried, professor Lupin smiled, "Correct, five points to Gryffindor! Now, what does a boggart look like?" He questioned. This time, Josephine confidently raised her hand, "Nobody knows sir, a boggart is a shapeshifter whom will turn into your biggest nightmare." she chided. Professor Lupin smiled, "Right-o, Miss Malaika, five points to Ravenclaw," he said as Ginny high-fived her.

To fight a boggart, all you have to do is recite the spell Ridikulus, are there any volunteers?" he asked, to which Ginny raised her hand. Lupin's eyes widened just a tad. "Alright miss Weasley, i will open the closet on the count of three, when you recite the spell, think of a way to humorise the situation." he instructed her, Josephine let out a cheer. "One.. Two... Three!"

The closet door sprung open, and dark smoke spilled out. Ginny's hand shot to her mouth when a corpse layed on the grouns in front of her, it was her mother, Molly. It quickly switched into Ron, then Percy, then Harry, Fred and eventually Josephine. "Ridikulus!" Ginny yelled, and Corpse-Josephine went up in confetti.

"Luna, go!" Professor Lupin yelled, and a line was formed in front of the closet. Luna's face twistedbinto sadness as her boggart changed into a bouquet of wilted flowers, then a dementor, an enormous squid and for Colin in front of her, a young boy with his eyes cut out.

Josephine hesitantly rook a step forward, and watched as the boy who had no eyes twisted into a dark shadowy figure, before appearing as a man holdibg a bottle of alcohol. He had ashy hair and dark eyes, staggering towards her. She froze, eyes widening at the sight of her father. "Joseph-inee, c'mon baby, don't you wanna show my friends something nice?" he slurred, creeping closer. His face contorted in anger as she didn't answer. "JOSEPHINE! Sweetheart, don't make me show them for you," he screamed. Josephine barely found the strength to open her mouth, a whisper of "Ridikulus," left her mouth before the bottle of tequila in his hand exploded into confetti, her father letting out a scream and jumping up. Awkward laughs filled the classroom, and Josephine's eyes filled with tears before rushing out. Ginny quickly grabbed both their bags and followed her, getting a nod from Lupin.

"C'mon Jo, i'm not judging you. Please come out!" Ginby knocked on the door of the Ravenclaw dormitory for the third time. "You promise?" a raspy voice spoke from inside. Ginny felt relieved, as it was the first time  Josephine had spoken since she had locked herself inside. "Yes! Now please let me in," she tried. A clicking of the door mad Ginny light up, and when she saw her shaken up friend, her heart ached. Immediately, Ginny wrapped her arms around her friend and hugegd her tightly, allowing Jo to lay her head in the crook of her neck. "I just- i got si iverxhelmed and i ciuldn't breathe and- and.."  the girl started hyperventilating, tears welling up in her blood-shot eyes once again. Ginny pulled the hirl closer to her. "You fine hon, your just fine"

-

When their last class of the day, -History of Magic- finished, Ginny suggested for them to work on the Potions essay Snape had so kindly given them in the Gryffindor common room.

Josephine dropped her head into her hands when she reread the task, "Four feet? And about a stupid Wiggenweld potion? Kill me now," she cried. Ginny too dropped her head, but onto the hard surfaces of the table the two were working on.

"It can't be, Gred, do you see what i'm seeing?" a voice from above Josephine asked. "Only if you see what i'm seeing Forge." another one answered.  Jo looked up to see the two Weasley twins staring down at her with a wide grin, "Shoe-mentor!" they chined in unison. Josephine raised her eyebrows, "Shoe-mentor? What kind of name is that?" she sighed , lifting her head up to look at the almost identical boys. "You threw that shoe," Fred started "at the Dementor didn't you?" George finished, "Shoe-mentor!" they spoke in unison. "I swear to Merlin, leave us alooone," Ginny cried, launching her pen at one of the twins. It hit him right on the cheek and they staggered away, sticking out their tongues.

Josephine looked at Ginny, "You really gotta stop launching pens at peoples faces,"

Lola speaks!

OKAY SO
I'm SOZ about not uploading for a few mknths, but school's reallg been kicking my ass and poa is jsut a really hard book to write about.

Btw i'm REALLY wxcited for y'all to discover more about Jo and her past and this is the forat peace ever i'm disclosing about it (i thjnk)

If anyone has any siggestions or tips it'd be GREATLY appreciated bvoz rn i fwel like i'm not really doing si great?? Bu yea
TYSM FIR READING, DON'T BE A SILENT READER LOVE YOUU 💗
Lotsaluv, Lo