2.11

a/n: plsss I'm really dragging this story out but I swear part 2 is gonna be under 20 chapters and then we'll get to part 3 (district 12)

*****

Wednesday Night

5 Days Before The Hunger Games

The phone rang downstairs.

Eleven o'clock at night, everyone sound asleep. But the second she heard it, she was on her feet, hurrying down, grabbing it and answering it with a fast breath. "Hello?"

"Hi, Liville," Tigris breathed. "I was hoping I'd get you."

Her eyes stung already, and Liville's voice cracked as she whispered, "Something's happened to him, hasn't it? Something's happened to Coriolanus?"

This whole day, worrying was all she'd do.

She woke up worried, stayed up worried, went to bed worried.

She couldn't take her mind off things by caring for Jessup and Lucy Gray. All the tributes were taken into a different part of the city, the Capitol placing trackers in them in case of another runaway.

So her mind could not leave Coriolanus for even a moment.

She could hardly breathe all day long.

She just kept expecting this kind of call. The call that Tigris would make to inform her Coriolanus had died.

"No," Tigris rushed out. "Well, yes. Good news. He's woken up."

Liville shut her eyes, her hand going to her heart, letting out the biggest sigh of relief she'd ever held. "Oh, thank god."

"I don't have much more information. He started to sit up, and they rushed him away," Tigris explained. "They're giving him preparations to send him home."

She was hit with another feeling of panic for his health. "Send him home? They can't do that so early. They need to monitor him. They need to keep him for testing-"

"They're testing him, they're testing him," Tigris assured. "Again, he only just woke up. I'm not sure about all the protocols yet. I just...wanted to let you know that he's awake. I thought you'd appreciate the call."

Liville kept her eyes shut tight. "Y-Yes. Thank you."

"Would you like me to...have him call you? Once we get home?"

Her heart slammed in her chest. "No, I'm-I'm so sure he'll be tired."

"He asked about you, when he awoke. Asked how you were." Tigris lowered her voice, "I think he'd want to hear that you're alright."

Her heart fluttered. "Then-I-Yes, he can call. I'll-" She swallowed. "I'll be sure to answer."

"Perfect. I'll give him the message."

"Thank you for calling," Liville breathed, wiping the emotion out of her eyes.  

"Of course. We'll be in touch soon."

When the call ended, Liville hurried upstairs. She was careful being quiet, unsure if the phone awoke anyone else.

She went to Sejanus's room, so overjoyed, so caught up in everything. She didn't even knock, she pushed the door open.

"Sejanus," she breathed. "Sejanus."

Sejanus was sitting up in bed, the phone must've awoken him, she realized. His hand was on the telephone in his room, but it suddenly flinched away once she entered.