Chapter 1

AN: Ultimately going with that elves mental age is 10 years older than their physical age. So, Elaria is physically 14, but mentally 24.  And that elves use light magic and their magic is connected to nature.

Elaria was in her father's sleeping quarters. She was currently arguing with her father about her sleeping arrangements. She was used to sharing her father's sleeping quarters before she started attending school here, but her father was trying to convince her to sleep in a regular dorm with the other students. Elaria had always been very shy. Always sticking close by her father. And lately she had been feeling very self conscious knowing that she was going to be the only elf student in a school meant for fairies. She planned on using her hood to hide her ears, so new students wouldn't know she wasn't a fairy.

"Why can't I stay here?" Elaria asked.

"I mean, Faragonda and Griselda said it would be alright if you wanted to continue to stay in my room." Palladium started. "But, I think it would be good for you to stay in a dorm with the other students."

"They're not going to accept me." Elaria said. "It was different when I just hung around the school because you taught here. Now that I'm a student, they're not going to accept me because I'm not a fairy."

"That's not going to happen, sweetheart." Palladium said.

"You don't know that." Elaria said. "Who would my roommates be, anyway?"

"I think Flora, Tecna, Musa, Stella, and a new student, Varanda." Palladium replied.

Elaria perked up a bit hearing Flora's name. She really liked Flora. She was very sweet and kind. And because elves are naturally in tune with nature, they both had in common that they were nature lovers.

"Isn't Stella the one that blew up the potions lab last year?" She asked. Her father really wasn't happy about that, but Stella's parents had made up for it by paying for it to be repaired and donating a computer lab.

"Elaria." Palladium warned. "I understand that you're shy and it's not easy for you to make friends. But, just promise me you'll give it a try."

"Fine." Elaria said.

"Good girl." Palladium said.

"Love you, Dad." Elaria said.

"Love you too, Ellie." Palladium said, kissing her on the top of the head. "Now, go."

Elaria sighed, grabbing her stuff.

"Come on, Aries." She said to her pet Pegasus. He was just a baby.

They headed towards her dorm room. She was finishing unpacking, when she heard people come into the room. It was Flora, Tecna, and Musa.

"Hi Elaria." Musa greeted.

"Hey guys." Elaria returned the greeting.

"Are you starting school this year?" Tecna asked. "And our roommate?"

"Yep." Elaria replied.

"That's great, Elaria." Flora said, bending down to pet Aries. "Hey there, Aries.

"It looks like we'll be rooming together." Elaria said.

"That won't be an issue." Flora said. "Especially with this cutie." Referring to Aries.

Aries neighed in response.

"So, does anyone know anything about this new girl, Varanda?" Elaria asked.

"The sign on our dorm says she's from the realm, Vallisto." Tecna replied. "Which is a realm mainly known for their rich, artistic, tradition."

Elaria nodded. They heard voices and Elaria put her hood up. The girls and Stella might know she was an elf, but the new girl didn't. And she didn't want her to find out.

Stella walked into the room with girl with orange hair.

"Hi, I'm Stella." She greeted.

"You're quite infamous." Tecna said.

"That's the word on the street." Musa added. "If you're going to blow stuff up, let us know so we can bounce."

Everyone laughed at the comment.

"Were you able to create a new shade of pink?" Tecna asked.

"No, but when I do it'll be the new official color of Solaria." Stella said.

"Well when you do, make sure you don't blow up the potions lab again." Elaria said with a chuckle.

The girls laughed as well.

"Are you taking classes this year?" Stella asked.

"Yeah." Elaria said.

"Cool." Stella said.

"I'm Bloom." The other girl introduced.

"Bloom?" Tecna questioned.

"Uh. I mean, Bloom's just a nickname I use." The girl said. She looked at the list of names. "I'm Varanda of Vallisto."

"Nice to meet you, Varanda. I'm Flora." Flora greeted.

"I'm Elaria." Elaria introduced.

Tecna and Musa introduced themselves.

"It's nice to meet you all." Varanda said.

Just then, they heard a commotion and looked to see Aries flying around with a bunny in his mouth.

"Aries, drop that bunny right now." Elaria scolded.

Aries dropped the bunny and whimpered.

"He's alright." Varanda said. "I would guess that Kiko was bothering him."

"I'm sure they'll get along just fine." Elaria said.

"Definitely." Varanda agreed.

"Why don't we grab something to eat in Magix." Stella suggested.

The other girls agreed.