Chapter 3

AN: Just an fyi, I'm going by the 4kids version of the show. So, don't come at me if names are different.

Also, I'm going to add for elves that not only is their magic is connected to nature, but also animals. And any romantic partner they have are considered their mate.

The next morning, all the girls were getting ready for the first day of classes.

Flora noticed Elaria looked upset.

"Are you alright, Elaria?" She asked. "Are you worried Ms. Faragonda and Ms. Griselda told your father about last night?"

"Not so much that." Elaria replied.

"Then, what's wrong?" Flora asked.

"I'm scared, Flora. No one's going to accept me." Elaria said. "Everyone is going to see that I'm a non fairy in a school meant for and full of fairies."

"No one is going to think that." Flora assured her.

"You don't know that." Elaria continued.

"Well, your roommates and the faculty accept you for who you are." Flora added. "Come on. Let's get something to eat."

Elaria just nodded. She was really glad that most of her classes she had with Flora.

The six girls headed down to the dining hall.

Palladium sighed as he saw his daughter walk into the dining hall with her roommates. She had her hood up. He wished she didn't feel so self-conscious.

Faragonda and Griselda had decided against telling Palladium about last night. He was already worried about Elaria. They didn't want him to worry even more finding out that she was out after curfew. He was pretty protective of his daughter.

As students finished eating, they filed out of the dining hall.

"Is it alright if we stop by my Dad's classroom before going to our class?" Elaria asked Flora. "I want to say good morning to him."

"Sure." Flora said.

They headed towards Palladium's classroom. Elaria was relieved to see that students hadn't arrived yet.

"Hi Dad." Elaria greeted. "Just wanted to say good morning."

"Good morning, sweetheart." Palladium said. "Flora."

"Good morning, Professor." Flora returned the greeting.

"Have a great first day, darling." Palladium said to Elaria, removing her hood to kiss her the top of head. "You'll be fine."

He was hoping she would keep her hood down, but the second he pulled away, she immediately pulled her hood back over her. Palladium wished Elaria didn't feel the need to hide who she was and hoped as time went on she would feel more comfortable. But until then, he wouldn't push her.

"Thanks, Dad." Elaria said.

"You too, Flora." Palladium added.

"Thanks, Professor." Flora replied. "We should get going, Elaria."

"Go." Palladium said. "Before you two are late."

The girls made their way to their class.

At lunch, Faragonda made an announcement about their annual welcome back party and the Red Fountain Specialists were coming as their guests. All the girls were excited for that.

"I have a second announcement." Faragonda continued. "Starting this year, all students will take a non-magic defense class that Professor Palladium will teach."

There were some murmurs amongst the students.

"This is a required class." Faragonda added. "So, there will be no getting out of taking the class."

Faragonda had also said that classes were canceled for the rest of the day to help get ready for the dance.