Chapter 4

The next morning I wake up to giggles coming from the other side of the door.

I mentally roll my eyes and climb out of the soft bed going into the bathroom.

I have a quick shower and put some jeans on and a ferrari pull over.

I tie my curls back and walk out of my room seeing Papa sitting with Louise at the table.

"Morning Lucky." Papa grins. He's always happy on race weekends.

"Morning." I force a smile. I don't want to annoy him and then distract him later on in the day.

"Say Morning to Louise." Papa says as I reach for some juice. I turn my head and glare at him.

Papa sighs at Louise speaks up. "Charles If you do well today, we must celebrate afterwards." She squeals.

"You can't celebrate the night before the race. Papa needs to be focused." I try to explain but only get a glare in response for Louise.

"She's right. Let's just hope I do well on race day and then we can celebrate after." Papa says to Louise as she grins.

"Shit look at the time. We better go." Papa takes my shoulders and leads me out the door. "Schedule for today, Lucky. I have practice then qualifying, whilst i'm doing that you have.. tutoring!" I groan as he speaks. "Then after that we have grid dinner."

"Papa can I not miss tutoring today please! I wanna sit with the engineers." I pout as he laughs.

"Sorry Kid." He says as I sigh and we walk to the paddock.

I go to hold Papas hand as I see a crowd of people but Louise comes from behind us and barges me out of the way clinging to his side.

What the fuck?

Louise goes to watch practice with the engineers as I slowly drag my feet to the room I go to do tutoring.

I open the door and see my boring old ass tutor sitting down waiting for me.

"You're late, Elise." He looks up from his watch, tutting.

"Okay?"

"Don't start with the cheek, young lady." He says as I slump down into the chair and look at him.

"So what am i learning today?" I fiddle around with the papers as he pulls them away.

"Sequences." He said as he slid over a worksheet.

I looked at the worksheet and then back at him.

"What are you waiting for?" He asks.

"Erm- Maybe for you to teach me how to do it? You know, because you are my teacher." I rolled my eyes.

"It's good to learn this way, fill out the sheet." He instructs me as I screw him.

I looked down at the work as confusion hits me. I start to doodle on the sheet and end up drawing a bus hitting Louise.. don't ask.

"Are you done?" The tutor says as he takes my paper. "What is this?" He gasps as I shrug.

"Miss Leclerc this is awful! Wait until your father sees this." He shakes his head and tucks the work into a folder.

I roll my eyes and storm out of the room and checking the time.

I've missed practice and qualifying.

I run to Papa's drivers room and bang on the door. "Papa!" He opens the door looking upset. "Where'd you place?"

"P20.. Had engine problems." He sighed. I looked at him as his frown slowly turned into a smirk. "Got you! I'm on pole!" He said as I jumped up and down as he hugged me.