🌱

Shehryar sat on the edge of his bed looking at her sleeping figure

He always wondered why she never spoke a word to him.
Scrunching his eyebrows at the thought he made his way towards the restroom to get ready for the day not paying heed to the hearty talks his beating organ wanted to do with him in the context of his "wife for 4 months only now".

As he came out of the restroom he saw a man, in all black standing beside Laila's side.

He didn't waste a minute in recognizing him.

Alam.

That fucker.

He was here.

"What are you doing here?" The words slipped out from between his gritted teeth.

Alam smirked. Audacity.

"I'm here to take my possession back"

"What?"

"I'm here to take my possession back"

"She's my wife and not your possession"

"A wife? She cannot even speak. She won't be able to satisfy you. Give her to me and I'll give you a hefty sum"

Shehryar punched him. In the face.

The dark surrounding of the room didn't help either.

But the shine of the moon, his wife's favorite thing amongst the dark verse, helped him.

"Get. Out. Now."

Before he could turn back his hands were captured by a soft pair of strong arms.

He dared to touch him.

"What if I don't? What will you do?"

"I'm going to kill you"
Shehryar growled and pounced on him like a lion. Aggression being the primary factor.

"Come on in" He shouted and a pair of policemen came inside the room to take Alam away.

"You coward! Couldn't even help yourself"

"This isn't called being a coward. I don't do shifty things like you do Alam. Trying to trafficking your step daughter who your dead wife trusted you with? You did try your best to play smart. Did you not?"
Shehryar smirked as he looked at Alam being taken by the police.