Chapter 6

This body of work is available exclusively on Patreon and Wattpad. If you're viewing it on a different website or under a different username, it has been illegally stolen, and you may be at risk of malware. Please do not support these sites, as writing a book takes long hours of hard work and effort. Head over to Wattpad and let me, the original author, know if you encounter this situation by finding me @greenwitchwrites.

Hades

"Hurry!" I roar as I enter the hospital, two stretchers wheeled in on either side of me.

The pack doctor and one of the best Upper surgeons, Dr. Mendes, have been warned of our arrival and are ready.

The Uppers were a group of super-wealthy humans, holding over fifty percent of the world's wealth. That was the only thing putting them in a position of power, as they held no other physically enhanced features that set them apart. Unlike us and the vampires. And the witches, who were few and far between. Ever since The Great Cleansing, which only occurred because one of their own had betrayed their kind and aligned themselves with the vampires.

The Upper surgeon had been flown in by helicopter and arrived just minutes before, courtesy of my friend Damien, two territories over. While the pack doctor could deal with minor human injuries, the injuries sustained by the woman on my right, the woman from my dreams, were beyond his scope.

She was dying. While the hand that had grasped mine before had held it firmly, the one I now held was limp and lifeless. Even the sparks I felt prior were now mild. Her breathing was shallow, and I was struggling to pick up her heart rate. That says a lot, considering my hearing was exceptional.

"Take him to operating theatre one." The pack doctor, Dr. Thorne, issues the order, and the two nurses standing nearby immediately jump into action. He and Sol follow them closely as they wheel Craven away. Thanks to the woman beside me, Sol only sustained a few superficial injuries.

Cravens' injuries, however, were severe. Even with our advanced healing, the wounds were not repairing. Courtesy of the silver-tipped nails and fangs the group of vampires that had attacked sported. A new development in their repertoire of weapons against us. Fitted explicitly with the purpose of hunting and even killing our kind. New weapons, old war.

While a strained peace had existed between vampires and werewolves for many years, this incident had snapped that delicate tether. All packs had been alerted, and the command had been issued. Any werewolves coming in contact with vampires now had a killed-on-sight order, no questions asked. The Council, comprised of Upper, werewolf, and vampire elders, would protest, but I would deal with that later.

"Prep operating theatre two and call my hospital. Tell Dr. Shawn I need him to get over here as soon as possible. Do you have a C.A.T. scanner?" Dr. Mendes doesn't look up as he asks the question, a small flashlight shining in the woman's eyes as he holds one and then the other open.

"Down the hall." One of the nurses at the front desk answers.

"Okay. We operate first and stop the internal bleeding, and then we send her for a C.A.T. scan. Let's go!" He dips his head towards the two Upper nurses he brought with him.

"You need to let go, Your Majesty. We need to operate." Before I can answer, Red is flying through the door, squawking and silencing everyone. He circles the stretcher beside me and then lands on the woman's chest.

There was no doubt now that Red, my dreams, and this woman were connected. He led me to her today.

"No. We go with you." Dr. Mendes looks at Red and me and then down at my hand connected to hers. From all that, he must see that there is no other option.