5. DADDY MARKS

"So, you are coming back to work on Monday?" Candace asks. They had finished doing the dishes and she helps Lulu with her things in her room now.

"Yes, I am." Lulu answers as taking out the folded clothes of the suitcase.

Lulu is a fashion designer and has been working with one of the most famous designers in Milano, thanks to her father's connections. When she was in senior year, she had started to work in that fashion company, then her supervisor had realized her ability which shows that Lulu was not just a priviliged princess. Now it is her second year in the company and she promises success for the future as a junior designer.

"I wish we had more time before you start." Candace pouts as continuing. "Could we go out for a club tomorrow night and have some fun till the morning? Can't you take your monday off?"

"Oh, babe." Lulu purses her lips. "I really would love to but my supervisor was not cool about me going on holiday in this month."

"Come on! It wouldn't hurt her if you were late for just one time! What does she still want from you when you are the most hardworking employee under her?"

"At least she is aware of it and also appreciates me to my face which is not a common behaviour for a professional like her. But you know we are attending for the big week, so she is more stressful than ever like the rest of the team."

Her company is going to be a participant in a fashion show which organized as part of the Milano Fashion Week. The big week is held every year in september and the most famous brands attend to the show.

Top models, actresses, influencers, journalists, photographers...Most of the people from fashion world come for this week to Milan and the city turns to a stargate this time of the year. This is the first time Lulu's department attending it and her team has been working overtime for months.

"But you said everything is going well and your collection will be ready before the deadline?" Candace tries again. Of course she wouldn't force her friend if she doesn't know they are already prepared.

"Yes, but..." She pauses for a second. "I can't be late on the first day after holiday."

"You have been working even weekends for months! This was a well deserved holiday, also it was your right." Candace opens the bag which is full of cosmetics and starts to empty it.

"You know I am a workaholic and it doesn't bother me working on weekends, but sometimes I feel like I am struggling too much." She sighs and pushes the dirty clothes bag to the side. "And I can only realize it when I am far away, far from the greedy atmosphere of the business world."

"The hot water doesn't bother the frog when it had been inside of it since the water was cold, right?" Candace says as putting the cosmetics on the desk, under the vanity mirror.

"You made me a brainless frog?" Lulu grimaces humorously.

Candace chuckles. "I mean, you are really forcing yourself. I am glad you are nailing your job, but you shouldn't miss life when you are doing it. Don't you think..." She hesitates before asking, turns her face to the side. She puts the pink lipgloss inside of the make-up organizer. "Don't you think it is time for meeting someone?"

"Yeah, I have been thinking about it for a while." Lulu answers calmly and Candace can look at her face this time, perplexed. "But I couldn't find the oportunity for it, since we are preparing for the big week."

Candace can't resist the urge of clapping her hands with enthusiasm. "I knew that you weren't gonna mourn after that asshole for more than three months, but I am fucking excited hearing this from you!" She comes closer to her friend and sits on the other side of the bed. "Tell me. Is there any guy at work, or are you planning to find someone?"