Part 14: A New Burden

After a semi intense day of tending to the new guests, night had rolled around and it was time to commence sleep once again. Lucas walked down the hall to his bedroom and prepared for the night. However he would be rudely awoken in the morning.

BANG BANG BANG

Lucas awoke to the sound of banging on his door, rushing to open it and seeing Mey-Rin staring down the hall.

"What the hell's going on?!"

"Agni and the prince have started running amuck in the manor and we can't stop them!"

Mey Rin informed, as Lucas heard Baldroy and Finny yelling from down the hall.

"Right, I'll be ready in a minute, go stop them!"

With that, Mey-Rin bolted down the hall as Lucas loosely slipped into his clothes. Running down the hall after a few minutes while doing his shirt buttons. Running down the hall and up the steps into the main room, hearing noise coming from the young master's room he dashes to see the servants in front of Sebastian explaining the situation.

Agni had taken the opportunity to do all of the morning chores and prepare breakfast for everyone including the servants.

Sebastian was impressed, Agni had managed to accomplish more successfully then the three of the servants combined. Well I suppose four.

"Why do you three not kowtow and beg Mr Agni for the dirt under his nails? Your lives might gain little value that way."

All of a sudden Mey-Rin, Finny, and Baldroy tackle Agni, begging for him to teach them. Sebastian chuckles to himself as he gives a small wink to Lucas, before returning his attention back to Ciel and the prince. They all motioned their way downstairs and to the dining room where Agni had prepared a full morning breakfast. The servants piled into the kitchen where Agni had prepared a full set up of buttered chicken with naan bread for the servants.

They gawked at the tremendous platter in front of them, and with no chores to do they decided to dig in. While the prince and young master are. The servants began tasting the delightful dish with forks. Laying the chicken and on the bread with spoons and scarfing it down as a quick breakfast.

Lucas finishes his plate first and takes it back to the kitchen to wash it off as Baldroy and Finny keep eating. Mey-Rin, still in the kitchen with her plate, taking small nibbles of the food.

"What's wrong? Are you gonna finish your food?" Lucas asks as he rolls up his sleeves and lowers his plate into the sink. Mey Rin stays silent for a moment before opening up

"Well, it's just I'm not sure if I should eat it"

"Why? You think it's gonna come alive inside you or something?"

"No. It's just that chicken is rather heavy and I don't wanna gain too much weight"

Lucas stops washing for a second and turns to look back at her

"You're worried about weight?"

"Yeah, a woman's gotta keep her physique"

"Well I'm sure a little chicken won't hurt, besides it can help build muscle"

"Muscle?! Ew, people don't wanna see a woman with muscles"

"Why not? It's nothing to be ashamed of"

"W-well, it's just, men don't like women with muscles. Id never be able to find one if I had one"

Lucas pondered for a moment, he knew he didn't mind a muscular woman, and neither did most of the people he knew in America. But were things that much different in Britain?