Chapter 45

Val's pov

"Little Val, wake up. It's already late," I heard Mari's voice inside my room.

"Argh," I don't want to.

"Little Val, please wake up. If not, then I will have to call Mr De Luca." She said.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking at Mari, who was smiling at me.

"Mari, can't I just skip school today?" I pleaded.

"No, you can't, but I could call Mr De Luca so that you may ask him."

"No, no, it's already there is no need." I stood up from my bed and walked to my bathroom.

When I was done bathing myself, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped on my body.

"Why can't Mari just listen, I told her that I could make up my own bed," I said, looking at the bed that had already been made up.

I walked inside my walk-in closet and prepared myself for school, I wore my school uniform and styled my long hair into a messy high ponytail.

I applied natural makeup before looking at myself in the mirror again to see if I looked presentable enough. When I was satisfied with my look, I took my school bag and my phone before heading downstairs, praying that I didn't see Charlotte and Hayley at least, not now after what happened yesterday.

I went to the kitchen planning to grab an apple before heading out to school, but when I got there, I saw Mari.

"Oh, there you are. Here I made an egg sandwich for you, " she said.

"Actually, there was no need. Mari, an apple was just fine,"

"No, your Dad told me that I shouldn't let you go to school without eating breakfast, and an apple doesn't count."

"But..."

"No buts, just sit down and eat." she put a plate with an egg sandwich on it and a glass filled with an orange juice.

I sighed and sat down. While I was still eating, I heard Charlotte and Hayley's voices. I don't want to see them right now cause I know they will start sprouting nonsense, and I'm just not in the mood for that.

I stood up as I took one last bite and sipped my juice before rushing outside.

"Little Val, come back, you haven't finished your breakfast," I heard Mari shouting.

I arrived where Mr Dart was, he opened the car door for me. Once I got inside, he set off to school.

"Good morning, Mr Dart, and I'm sorry for my rudeness. I was still chewing, so I couldn't greet you." Does that even make sense at all? But who cares, right?

"It's okay, miss."

We arrived at school, and I got off the car.

"Oh Mr Dart please don't come pick me up late."

"Yes, miss," he said before he drove away.

I walked inside the school building to my  1st class, which was physics. There were other people inside, already seated, but there was no face, which I was familiar with. I sat at the back near the window as usual.

"Good morning, everyone," Miss Quinn said once she got inside the classroom. Ms. Quinn was our physics teacher.  She is a nice lady.

"Today we will be talking about..." she continued speaking whilst I was jotting down notes.

After the physics lesson, we attended geography taught by Mr Fordham, and again, there was no one I knew.

"Everyone, don't forget to do your assignment, I want it the next lesson," Mr Fordham said after the siren rang.

I put my stuff inside my backpack and went out of the class to the cafeteria.

On my way to the cafe, I saw a group of boys beating up another boy.

Two guys were holding him while the other three were beating him up. What is wrong with these people. There was no one in the corridor except for these boys.

"Hey, stop, you're hurting him." I said, and they all turned to look at me. Oh my God, what have I done? I mean what if they beat me instead, you know I haven't thought about that but if it comes to that then I will fight, I mean it's not like I can't throw few punches and kicks here and there right? Plus, I could just take the beaten boy and run away if things get messy.

"Hey, our boss is talking to you." One of the boys shouted, making me come back from my thoughts.

"You know, you didn't have to shout. What if you make me deaf?" I said.

"You... you," the one who was looking at me said, looking at me.

"You have a sharp tongue, don't you?" the one who I guess was their boss said.

"That doesn't matter, I'm just here to pick up that guy," I said, pointing towards the beaten boy.

"Look pretty girl, you just interrupted us so you will have to compensate" he said walking towards me, he was about to touch my face when I punched him on his face and kicked him you know where. He groaned in pain, and when the other 3 boys came rushing to him, I went to the beaten boy and told him to run along with me.

He couldn't run fast because he was limping, and unfortunately, he was caught by the stupid boys, and that left me no choice but to stop running.

"Okay, you win," I said. I couldn't just leave the boy.

When they tried to catch me, I beat them up. I felt proud because I managed to beat the two of them.

"What are you two doing? Stand up and hold her hands," the boss said. They managed to get ahold of me, but they did get some injuries her and there. Dad would be so proud of the pftt.

"Pretty girl, you will pay for hurting me," the boss said as he walked towards me. Okay, now I'm scared.

"D-don't," I said as he touched my face.

"So beautiful, maybe I could have fun with you first, huh?" he laughed.

"No no no don't...touch me." I'm so scared right now.

"Crying are we now, where is your courage?" he said.

"Ray, you jerk stop," the beaten boy said, but he was kicked by the other boy.

Ray's face was so close to mine and he was about to kiss me, I kept trying to free my hands from these stupid boy's hold but I failed.

Suddenly Ray was harshly pulled away from me.

___________________________

Hey guys😊

I'm very sorry for the late update. Hope you forgive me🙃.

What do you think about this chapter?
I would like to know. So please comment and don't forget to vote🥰