1) A normal Shadowhunter morning

Another day began as usual. I woke up early, dressed in dark attire, and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Standing before the mirror, I was startled by my reflection. My eyes appeared... different, resembling orange cat eyes. I blinked and looked again, finding them returned to their usual brown hue. Shaking off the odd moment, I continued with my morning routine.

At breakfast in the cafeteria, Ashley Cooper called out my name, inviting me to join her and her brother, James Cooper. I'd known them since childhood; they were like family. Due to my habit of forgetting names, I'd affectionately nicknamed Ashley "Ash." She'd been a steadfast friend, always by my side in our battles against demons. James, a formidable fighter at the institute, had been instrumental in my training.

Taking a seat beside Ashley, I greeted them with a smile. Ashley returned the gesture warmly, while James, still groggy, managed a mumbled "Morning."
"You look like you didn't sleep well," I teased James.
"Ash insisted on a 5 am wake-up call for training," he retorted.
"I needed a training partner!" Ashley chimed in, as their playful banter continued, amusing me.

Later, as we were diligently tracking a demon through with the computers, Mike, the alpha of our werewolf pack and a trusted friend, suddenly appeared before us, his breath ragged and eyes filled with urgency. He quickly relayed the distressing news of a demon attack that had just occurred nearby, leaving one of his fellow werewolves seriously injured.

I actually thought of handeling it alone because it's just one demon, but James already got in action.
"We'll handle it. Thanks for letting us know, Mike," James assured him, his hand instinctively reaching for the blades we always carried for such dangerous encounters.

Upon reaching the scene of the attack, the air was thick with tension and the scent of blood. We cautiously scanned our surroundings, eyes peeled for any sign of the elusive demon. Without warning, it lunged at me from the shadows, its feral snarl echoing in the night. Reacting with lightning speed, James swung his blade, dispatching the demon with a swift and precise strike.

Breathing heavily, James turned to me with a look of concern etched on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice tinged with relief and worry.

"I'm fine, thanks to you," I replied, my heart still pounding in my chest as I tried to process the close call we had just experienced.

Reflecting on the situation, I realized that if I had ventured out alone as I had initially planned, the outcome could have been tragically different. James's quick thinking and skilled combat had undoubtedly saved me from a grim fate.