3) Mary Wolfheart

At 10 am, I approached Ashley, blade in hand, ready to visit Mary. You never know what dangers might lurk on such a journey. Ashley's expression was a mix of concern and determination.

"So, are we doing this?" she asked with a sigh.

Feeling guilty for potentially putting her at risk, I reassured her, "You don't have to come, Ash. This is something I need to do." I patted her back gently.

With a confident smile, Ashley agreed. We began our search for our Warlock, first asking around the institute. Finding no leads there, we turned to the Downworlders for help.

We arrived at the home of a vampire, Roderick Van Helsing, a prominent member of New York's largest vampire clan. According to Ashley, he might know Mary. To my surprise, Roderick warmly welcomed us.

"Long time no see, Rod," Ashley greeted him.

"Wait, you two know each other?" I inquired.

With hesitation, Ashley replied, "Luna, this is Roderick, a... friend of mine."

"So, you have been seeing each other?" I mumbled.

Roderick struggled to answer, "We've been seeing each other."

Not wanting to pry further, I steered the conversation back to our mission. "Roderick, do you know where Mary is?"

"She mostly stays in her apartment a few blocks from here," he replied.

Ashley and I exchanged shocked glances. "How have we never heard of her before?" Ashley asked.

"Mary's boyfriend passed away 20 years ago, and she's kept to herself since then," Roderick explained.

"Who was her boyfriend?" I asked.

"A Shadowhunter named Lincon Turner. He looks a lot like you, Luna," Roderick said with a knowing smile.

After gathering the information we needed, Ashley decided to return to the institute while I went to visit Mary. I stood before Mary's door, clutching the small box. I rang the bell, my heart pounding.

The door swung open, revealing Mary, who looked both annoyed and surprised. "Do I know you?" she asked.

"I'm Luna. I thought you might have answers about myself and this box," I replied, trying to hide my confusion.

"Luna Wolfheart?" Mary's eyes filled with tears.

"Come in, Luna," Mary's voice trembled with emotion. "I've been waiting for this day."

Inside Mary's apartment, the atmosphere was thick with mystery. Mary led me to a cozy living room filled with books and artifacts.

"Sit down," Mary gestured to a worn-out couch. "We have much to discuss."

I placed the box on the table. Mary opened it, revealing a shimmering crystal.

"This is the Heartstone," Mary said. "It's sought after by demons because it grants invincibility to them."

"Why does this matter to me?" I asked.

"You're not just any Shadowhunter, Luna. You're my daughter, a half-Warlock and a half-Shadowhunter, and the last of the Wolfheart lineage," Mary revealed.

"The Heartstone was stolen by a demon years ago. Your father, Lincon Turner, sacrificed himself to protect it. Now, history is repeating," Mary explained.

"We need to retrieve the Heartstone before it falls into the wrong hands," Mary said firmly. "Will you do this for our family, Luna?"

Feeling the weight of her words, I nodded. "Yes, Mary, I'll try to return it where it belongs."

Mary smiled with hope in her eyes. As I left her apartment, I knew my life had changed forever. I was a Warlock, the last Wolfheart, and I had a mission to fulfill.

An: I was so annoyed about this chapter because I wrote so much and it wouldn't save:(
I'm also not writing much because I have school again and I have much work<3