Chapter 3

"Ayumi!" Hee-kyung said, his breath panting heavily as he reach her sides. "Where have you been? We've been looking for you everywhere."

"I'm sorry.. I was out here for night air." Ayumi replied. "It's getting a little bit too much in there, with all the guys."

Hee-kyung's face turned into sympathetic look, he knew how many guys have tried to woo her tonight, sadly in a way that he knew won't work on her.

"Then who're you with just now?" Hee-kyung as a trained bodyguard of course didn't missed out on the mysterious black figure, especially the way he stood so close to Ayumi, but he was already gone before he could reach them.

"Oh, well.. He was just one of the guest." She shrugged. "I think you scared him away, so I don't think he'll be coming back."

"That's fine." He said, buying into her lies. "Come on let's go back, the party is coming to an end and your dad need you to greet the guests goodbye."

She nods and quietly followed Hee-kyung's back. But before she stepped into the ballroom once again she turn around to the now empty garden, wondering when he'll be back.

***
I'll see you again tonight...

His words keep playing in her head as Ayumi washed down, she can't help but feel excited. No one has ever made me her feel this way, the way he touches her, whispering in her ears, she feels giddy just from thinking about it.

She purposely choose one of the prettiest night gown she has, the silky satin fabric glides over the curves of her body, adorned with delicate lace along the neckline and hem.

She took out the pairing kimono and slipped into her bed, excitedly waiting for the mysterious prince charming that will swipe her off of her feet.

But no matter how long she waits for him, the prince never come. Her excitement soon replaced by drowsiness, and slowly but surely she drifted off to sleep.

Until a loud bang jolted her body awake.

What was that?

Her first instinct is it's probably just a dream, she's probably too tired from the whole week of the birthday party preparation and the party itself.

But a second bang quickly follows, and this time her heart beats turn faster as she recognize it as a gunshot.

As she listens carefully for what's coming next, she could caught the muffled shouts and cries of conflict that seemed to draw nearer.

In that moment she was torn between hiding in her closet or confront the chaos out there, but before she could make up her mind the gunshots reverberated through her bedroom door.

Fear gripped her throat as the second shot follow, with each gunshot the wood at the door vibrates, until someone kicked the door open and tear it down from the hinge.

With fiery orange hair illuminated by the flickering light of the hallway, a figure clad in a sleek black ensemble bursts through the splintered remnants of the door.

His piercing gaze cuts through the smoke-filled air, in one hand, he holds a smoking gun, its barrel still warm from the shots fired moments before.

"Gotcha.." He said as he spotted Ayumi, with an evil smile that curves across his luscious lips. The polished leather of his Chelsea boots echoed against the hardwood floor as he move towards her, and she was too scared to make any noise.