Chapter 8

"Are you okay? What are you doing here?" Hani's question almost caught her off guard. Ayumi straightened herself up, and with a calm demeanor she answered.

"I was just walking around the house and come across this.." She rubbed her hands on the steel door. It had opened just enough to reveal a glimpse of the secret office within.

The room was bathed in soft, ambient lighting, casting gentle shadows across the sleek surfaces and modern furnishings.

"Very interesting door. Did you know that this is bulletproof?"

"Oh wow.." Hani's eyes widened at the newly-founded fact for her, quickly falling into Ayumi's lies.

"The masters have never said anything about that, I'm only instructed to clean it everyday. This is their working room." She gestured at the inside of the room, and Ayumi can't help but take an eager look.

The secret office features a high-gloss black conference table as the centerpiece. The walls are adorned with black textured wallpaper, with metal shelving units mounted on its wall.

The flooring is covered in marble tiles, and at four ends corner of the room each of them are stationed with four different working desks, each with its own distinguishable style.

But what caught Ayumi's eyes the most is not the luxurious massage chair or the modern artwork that adds additional touch of sophistication to their working room.

It is the row of filling cabinets that stood in the back, pressed against the wall of another hidden corner, subtly covered behind one of their working desk.

It must be one of the most old-fashioned thing she ever spotted in this house, her brains try to figure out why they still kept such old filing ways, when she realized it must be one of their prevention for document loss.

Because everything you place in your computer could be gone in one click if their security system is breached.

But every hard copy in here is well hidden behind this steel door, no one can enter it without their permission, and not even a bomb can passed through their bulletproof door.

"This is where the masters mostly gather for their work, not a lot of maids are allowed to enter." Hani said with a sense of pride, she must be one of their most trusted maid, now that she think about it Yoongi even entrusted her to Hani's care.

"They must've trust you a lot Hani. I see the entrance is secured with a fingerprint and eye scan sensory, so.. I'm just curious, how can you enter this room everyday?"

"Well.." She leaned in closer, her voice barely above a whisper. "There's a secret code the Masters entrusted to me, it allowed me to go anywhere around the house, even inside their own bedroom."

Hani pulled back, with a gentle and secretive smile playing on her lips. "But don't tell Master I told you this." She added, raising her fingers at the front of her lips.

Ayumi nodded, she was intrigued to ask her the secret code but no matter how much she trusted her as "Yoongi Master's lady" she also knew she'll get suspicious if she asked.

So instead she cooked up another plan in her head. She quietly follow Hani's back, taking a full view on how the steel door closed down after her, as she promised herself that she'll be back again.

***

Later that night after the dinner, full from the huge amount of vegetables and meat that apparently was under Yoongi's order for her to finish, Ayumi grumbled to herself as she watched the weight scale.