3

Julie

It's been a week since I've been in Mexico City. I was so excited, my brother and his teammates were coming down here. They were going to have a game against Cruz Azul.

"Julie, someone's here to see you" Ceci yells. I knew exactly who it was. I quickly went downstairs and I saw Alan.

"Alan!" I said running up to him. I jump on him and he kisses my cheek. "Julie! I missed you!" He said as I got off him. "I missed you too!" I said letting go of him.

"Are you ready to go?" He said. "Yes" I said. "Have fun you too" Ceci said. We left the house and we got in a car he rented.

He started driving and he took me to get ice cream. We went to a park and we started walking around the track. "So, how you been?" He asks me. "I've been okay? How about yourself?" I said.

"Good, just been really busy with soccer. Are you happy to be back in Mexico City?" he said. "Yeah but I miss Guadalajara. I miss everyone" I said. "Everyone misses you a lot" he said.

"I'll be back home someday" I said. "Hopefully that someday is soon. I miss having your annoying ass at home" he said. "How much have you missed me?" I asked him. "Like a 5 out of 10" he said.

"A 5!" I said. "I'm kidding a 9.5" he said. "Oh hell nah!" I said. "I meant a 100 out of 10" he said. "I knew you missed me a lot" I said wrapping both of my arms around his shoulders.

"The house is so quiet now. There's no laughing, crying, yelling, there's nothing but silence" he said.
"I'll be back, just let me focus on myself" I said letting go of him.

"Juls, why didn't you tell me what you were going through?" He said. "I didn't want you to worry about me. I wanted you to focus on your soccer games, not me" I said. "Juls, you're always going to be more important than soccer, even If it means I have to give up soccer just to see you happy again, I'll do it" he said.

"You're sweet but I'll be okay" I said. "You can call me whenever you want. It doesn't matter if I'm sleeping, at practice, or if I'm at a game. I need to make sure my baby sister is okay" he said.

We were having the greatest time ever. It was getting late, and we went back home. "I'll see you at tomorrows game, okay?" He said. "I'll be there" I said.
"Here, I brought you a jersey" he said giving it to me.

"Thank you" I said. "Alright, goodnight" he said. "Goodnight" I said and he left the house.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~•

It was the next day and I was at work. "Julie, you can leave now" Barbara said. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow" I said. "Bye honey, be safe" she said.

I left the office and I went back home. The game didn't start in 3 hours and I decided to get ready. I did a little bit of make up and I curled my hair.

I got dressed and I saw my Uber waiting outside for me. Ceci was at work so she couldn't come with me.
I locked the door and I got in the Uber.

Once we arrived at the stadium, I got off and I walked inside. I went to sit in my seat and I saw my brother and his team practicing.

I saw Pocho waving at me and I waved back. Pocho got the attention of the others and they all waved at me.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~•