27

A bull rider has eight seconds to ride a bull before they jump off and run. Kara Danvers had four seconds before the injured bull charged her ramming her directly in the back just as she stood up. Her body fell limp on the dirt. The bull turned around and charged again for a second time ramming his head into Kara's ribs. The beast was about to get another blow in however the farmer grabbed his rifle and shot the beast in the chest instantly killing the beast. Seeing his favorite veterinarian lying there he shouted for someone to help her while he called 911.

Seconds...minutes...and hours...make up a day. However it took several minutes to get the ambulance there. Another few minutes to load and stabilize Kara on the stretcher. And another few minutes to get her loaded and gone to the hospital. The blondes face bloodied from the fall, and her shirt ripped from the bulls force. The farmers heart was in his stomach as he watched the ambulance speed away. He felt awful for what happened. Nothing his wife was saying to him about it not being his fault or that he did the right thing in killing the animal set right with him. Turning to their eldest daughter the wife instructed her to call Kara's sister. "Yes mom. I'm dialing Alex right now." The daughter said. After the call was over the daughter went about burying the bull's body with the tractor.

Alex was lost for words! She could only say 'ok'. When the girl told her what happened. "SAM! We need to get to the hospital NOW!" She yelled as they sat in Lena's parking lot. Lena heard the whole thing and demanded to go with them. The three woman drove to the hospital at breakneck speed. Alex jumped from her car immediately after she parked it and ran into the emergency room. "I'm Kara Danvers sister! How is she?" She demanded. "She's in the OR right now ma'am you need to take a seat!" The nurse said. "OR! What happened?" Alex asked. "She has internal bleeding and broken ribs. You need to sit down." The nurse stated.

A few seconds later Lena and Sam entered the ER. "Whats wrong? How is Kara?" Sam asked. "She's in the OR...internal bleeding...broken ribs...bull...attacked her...she's...she..." Alex lost her words. Sam took her in for a hug and held her close to her chest as the redhead broke down into tears. Lena found herself sliding down the wall of the waiting room her hands coming up to her face as tears flooded her eyes. Her friend...her crush...her Kara got hurt...and was in the OR with severe injuries. Her whole world came crashing down around her in the hospital ER.