SOLD

[2]

"Gentleman, the event isn't over as we have a last minute item for sale. What you see, is a North American Gray Wolf, from Indiana. Although wolves are priceless, we've consulted with the famous appraiser, Philippique Anouilh. The starting bid will start at fifteen million, do I hear sixteen million?"

As my finger hovered over the button, I realized it wouldn't be cruel to force the wolf to endure a long auction. Instead I tapped on the keyboard and hit enter to send in my bid.

"Do I here nineteen mill-. Pardon me gentlemen, a bid was offered by one of our gentleman."

I noticed the prez walk away from the chairs and lift his phone to his ear. I guessed with the auctioneer or their the appraiser. A few minutes later the prez dropped the call and stepped onto the stage.

"I apologize for the inconvenience and on behalf of the trigger happy gentleman. The gentleman bid thirty million, I'll ask if anyone would like to outbid them? If so press your buttons."

The prez stayed on stage, waiting for any of the members to make a move. I nervously twisted my pinky ring as I waited for a button to be pressed.

"Very well, congratulations on your purchase, gentleman number fifteen."

As everyone clapped I let out the breath, relieved that no one else wanted the wolf.

"That concludes this month's antiquities auction, thank you for attending. You can pick up your items at the club's cargo bay using the receipt in your messages."

As everyone stood the ushers appeared and returned our phones. I turned to my dad who was checking his notifications. I unlocked my phone and went to my contacts to text Simmy my plan.

<ME>
I need u back @ the club.

<SIMMY>
Need a pick up?

<Me>
Something like that.

<SIMMY>
Be there in 10.

<ME>
thumbs-up emoji

I turned to dad and saw he was still on his phone.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Are you rea-."

"I'll be staying late, feel free to take the car."

"Thank you dad, for the birthday celebration." I gave a thankful smile, though his eyes were on his phone screen.

"You're welcome, son." Dad glanced from his phone to give me a proud smile.

He then slipped his phone in his jacket's pocket and made way to the elevator. I followed him into the elevator and the prez scanned his hand and elevator shot upward. When the elevator dinged and opened it's doors my phone buzzed in my pocket.

<SIMMY>
5 minutes out

I pocketed my phone and walked through the club to the back entrance. Surprisingly none of the other members followed, apparently not in a hurry to collect their items. The back entrance lead into a cargo bay doors with a security scan mounted on the wall. I opened my messages to the receipt and scanned the bar code. There was a sound of a lock turned so I opened the door and slipped inside. The room was filled with all every item showcased this evening and more. All the antiques sat on shelves or behind glass enclosures. The animals in cages while the women were in one large cell and seemed to be sleeping. I stepped closer to examine the cell door and noticed it had an electronic lock. I looked to the wall and at the right side of the wall there was a black button.