𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞

003

003. THE FIRST OFFENSE

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

KORIA'S MIND WAS FILLED WITH FOG AS THE MASKED DARK APPRENTICE STARED AT HER WITH A HEAD TILTED AS IF CURIOUS. She could feel a drop of blood falling from the cracks of her bruised, chapped lips. The resistance spy had been beaten and physically tortured the moment she was restrained aboard the First Order Vessel. She'd eventually fallen unconscious and was just now beginning to stir.

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board," Kiya Reo's distorted voice filled the echoing silence. She sounded smug as her masked face leaned closer. "Comfortable?"

Koria's battered lips thinned and she winced. "Not really. I don't suppose you have a bacta tank I could borrow."

Kiya Reo took a step back, her cape swished for effect. "I'm impressed. No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map."

Koria scoffed, spitting some of the blood that had pooled in her mouth onto the ground. "You might wanna rethink your technique. I've been told I got my mother's eyes and my father's obstinate personality."

Kiya Reo didn't reply. She held out a hand, reaching through the darker veils of the force to pry open the secrets locked away in the rebel's mind. Koria flinched as the process wasn't entirely painless. The more force applied, the greater the agony. The rebel's face contorted and twisted in horrific silence.

"Where is it?"

Finally permitted to speak, Koria gasped. "The Resistance will not be intimidated by you."

Kiya Reo intensified the applied pressure. "Where... is it?"

Koria's jaw tensed and her teeth grinded. She closed her eyes, yet it was like they were forced back open. Her mind clawed at the answers that were being torn from her head, but it was a battle which she was losing her ground. The psychological pain turned physical as it felt like every single cell within her being was lit on fire. She released a raw scream which tore at her vocal cords.

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

THE CELL DOOR SWISHED OPEN, AND KIYA REO EMERGED FIERCE YET TRIUMPHANT. She paused, only staying long enough to glance over at the General and the Captain who'd patiently been awaiting her orders.

"It's in a droid," she informed them. "A BB unit."

"Well then." General Hux nodded his head. "If it's on Jakku, we'll soon have it."

"I leave that to you," Kiya Reo agreed. "Anything else will be discussed once the droid is within our possession."

Captain Faust's shoulder's slumped—as if disappointed by her final comment—however, he immediately straightened and saluted her, accepting the command. "As you wish."