Two

Everytime Ms

Everytime Ms. María asked, I always responded that I was fine. However, my mind was still in turmoil from the intense emotions I experienced while standing before her.
All I could see when I closed my eyes were hers. Her big, beautiful eyes, resembling a galaxy, were all that occupied my mind. Those bluish-purple almond eyes filled with fury, piercing into mine.

The bell rang, and we all filed into the hallways. My eyes searched the crowd eagerly for a certain brunette. Now that I knew she was my mate, she was all I could think about. My excitement vanished when I failed to find her.

I proceeded to my following class, which was Math. Not finding her left me somewhat disheartened. I entered the classroom and headed directly to the back, settling myself on a desk.
While I do admit that I possess talent in various areas, studying was certainly not among them.

Merely ten minutes into the class, and my eyelids were already beginning to feel heavy. I overheard the teacher directing a question at a student.
My attention was wholly recaptured when I recognized the soft yet firm voice. It was the very same voice that had queried me earlier in the day.

It was her.

She was seated three seats to my left. Her hair was now tied back, exuding an aura of confidence and authority.

Man, she's born to be my Luna. My family and pack's going to love her.

I was captivated by her response to the teacher, and I watched as she gracefully resumed her seat after finishing. I proudly spent the rest of the class gawking openly at her.

The moment the bell rang, signaling the start of lunch, I saw her race out of the class. I was determined to ask her something—anything. I simply yearned to converse with her, to hear her voice once more.

I mind-linked with Aiden, the future second-in-command and my best friend, asking him to start lunch without me.
Then, I hurriedly followed her.

I found her engaged in an animated conversation with a familiar blonde near the lockers.

I attempted to pass by inconspicuously, but then didn't because I recognised the other girl.

Eleana Grayson.

Aka Aiden's mate.

How does Ellie know my mate?

Well, I can always ask that later. First things first, I need to tell her that we're mates. I don't think I could handle another second of being away from her.

I discerned a change in Ellie's tone as she quickly bid farewell to my mate. As her Alpha, her wolf should have already sensed my presence.  As soon as my mate departed, Ellie's wide brown eyes turned towards me in astonishment.

"Alpha," she uttered, baring her neck in a display of submission. I nodded my head.

"I noticed you looking at Celeste earlier. Is there something I should be aware of ?" She asked, her voice adopting a protective stance.

"Celeste.." purred my wolf. Oh, look who finally decided to emerge from hiding.

"She's my mate," I declared.
Her eyes grew wide.
"And I need to tell her that. Now. I'll see you later."

As I turned to walk away, she grabbed my wrist.

"No, Rigel. You cannot tell her "

"Why not?"
Who does this girl think she is.

"Because she doesn't know what a mate is."

"How is that possible? Every werewolf spends most of their childhood and teenhood dreaming about meeting their mates" I replied, incredulously.

"She doesn't know what a mate is because...

... she's not a werewolf.

Celeste is human."