Three

I was on my way to math when I found Rigel in the hallways searching for someone

And I had a tiny inkling that it was me. I think I managed to piss him off this morning. Or...He might be searching for someone else. Regardless, I wasn't willing to take any chances and draw his attention. I quickly moved with the crowd and made it to my math class.

My math teacher was a chill person outside of math class, although those moments were rare. But inside the class? He was a merciless monster... okay maybe I'm exaggerating but he IS strict

I focused because I enjoy math. There's something oddly satisfying to me about solving those problems, knowing that their solutions exist, unlike my life.

I always focused well. That was going to be the agenda for today as well until someone decided to show up.

Rigel.

Stupid handsome Rigel with eyes to die for...Am I obsessed with his eyes? Heck yeah. Will anyone be aware of this? Hell no!

I swiftly looked away and caught a glimpse, through my peripheral vision, that he went to the back. I left a sigh of relief. Because I was sure I wouldn't be concentrating if he was seated in my line of vision.

Mr. Reed called on me to solve a problem. I was answering when I felt Rigel's gaze. Damn. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks- why in the world was I blushing?

"Maybe...because you've liked him for a while now?" Said my conscience and I shut it right back.
"That's not true", I retorted. "Yeah right" was the snarky reply.
Bitch.
And yes, I know I just called myself that and no, I don't care.

I did my best to not let his presence distract me.

When math got over, I quickly hurried out of my class just in case he decides to shout at me in front of everyone. Plus, Eleana and I meet at our lockers and go to lunch together everyday. I found her waiting for me. Her tanned skin glowing under the faint lights in the hallway.

"Damn girl. You just had to go and get The Devil mad, didn't you?" She asked even before I was near her, her australian accent clearly noticeable.

"I had a reason okay? I bumped into Rigel." When I said his name, my voice noticeably dropped.

Silence

"Rigel as in.... Rigel Night?"

Silence

Silence

Silence

Okay, impending outburst in...

3

2

1

"Okay what!? Girl, you didn't just bump into the al- I mean Rigel!? How are you even walking right now? Because I'm pretty sure he doesn't take those kind of things lightly. If I were you, I'd sleep with my eyes open, for heaven's sake!" She gasped out in a single breath.