Five

I left for school in a surprisingly cheerful mood

I left for school in a surprisingly cheerful mood. But I made sure to not let my emotions show on my face. Making sure my mask of indifference was in place, I left home.

I'm happy today for the same reason I've been happy for the past two days.

Celeste

Just thinking of her name brought a smile to my face.

I was parking my Bentley in the students' parking lot when someone tapped on my shoulder.

No one...No sane person would do that to me except one.

The same idiot who I call my best friend.

Aiden

I quickly wiped that smile off my face whilst turning around to face him.

"Oh my god!", He shrieked in a frilly high pitched voice. "Rigeyyyy, did you like miss meeee 'cause it's been like a dayyy since you saw meeee."

And then he laughed, dropping the act. I couldn't control my laugh too.

"Man, I don't know how that Lacey chick does it everyday."

He managed out, between his laughs and slapping my back at the same time.

I hate this annoying habit of his. Hitting the person near him whenever he laughs. And it freaking hurts because it's not just a slap but a full-on tight slap.

"Dude, stop with the hitting already"

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, man"

Whatever, I shrugged.

I started walking and he immediately caught up with me, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Anyway, who got you smiling like that?"

"Smiling who? Me?" He won't let me be at peace if I tell him about Celeste.

So yes, I'm going to choose the mature way and pretend to not be aware of what he's saying.

I just continued walking while he went on yappering about how awesome his mate, Eleana is.

But the thing here was, every time he brought her in a conversation, I become jealous.

This time? No

Why?

"Because we have our very own mate now who is 10 times...no no an infinite times more awesomeeee" chipped in Ace with his usual sunshine mode on.

And I agreed with him. Even though Celeste and I weren't close as of now, I'll try and give everything I have for a bond with her.

And the thought made me smile. Again.

Aiden noticed this. Again.

"Okayyy no way in hell are you lying to me again. Tell me the truth this very instant, young man" He said, both his hands on his hips very much like a nagging mom.

Fine....what could go wrong.

I sighed.

His bright mood instantly dappered and came on a serious look.

This here is my beta now.

"Are you okay, Rigel?" His eyebrows were creased and I could say he was worried.

"I am actually. And you know what?" I smiled. "I've never been more okay."

I paused.

For dramatic purpose, obviously-

"I found my mate, Aiden"

I only waited long enough to see his jaw drop and his eyes go wide.
Then, I turned and started walking casually towards the school as if I hadn't just dropped a bomb on him.

I was halfway there when he shouted.

"YOU FOUND YOU-"

I dashed down and shut his mouth.

"Shut your trap and follow me"

With my palm still against his mouth, I pulled him along.

I told him about her as we kept walking.

And he kept struggling. I was holding on until his tongue seeped out and licked my hand.

"Aiden!"

But he wasn't in the mood to listen to me.

I knew that the minute he opened his mouth.

"Rigel! That's wow! You found your mate!! Man, you found our luna! Why haven't you introduced her to us yet? And why....oh"   I saw the realisation dawn upon him. I could see the wheels in his head rewinding our conversation and getting stuck on the human part.

"Yes..oh"

I smiled, sadly. He hooked his arm around my neck and ruffled my hair. This is his another habit that annoys me. Just because he was like a couple months older than me, he treated me like his baby brother.

And, this hair ruffling was supposedly what older siblings do to comfort their younger brothers.

That was what he told me when we were kids anyway.

I took his arm off and ran in.

He followed back, sprinting.

Right there, we just burst out laughing.

And right then, I knew that

Wherever life takes me, I know I'll be alright if this idiot stays by my side.