1

Marcelene pov...

"야, 여기야!" Ji-woo passed the ball to me, and I started skimming past everyone with it. Dribbled, did 360s, and even did the tornado kick. The ball entered the net, and I smiled, getting up from the floor.

T: Hey, over here!

Everyone cheered around me, and I thanked everyone for the praise. The whistle blew, and that meant training was over. Ah, my muscles are sore for some reason, so I'm gonna take an ice bath when I get home.

"Marcelene!" Coach waved for me to come to her. I ran across the field and stopped in front of her. "Yes, Coach." She speaks perfect English. "Um, in two days, you're going back to London." I completely paused.

I'm confused.

"What...why? I haven't done anything wrong." Why the hell am I going back? "It's February. You have to go back, finish school, do your exams and come back with flying colours." For fuck sake, those fucking exams.

"That means I have to stay there for five months?" she sighs, nodding. "I'm sorry but you have to. We don't want the UK government complaining that we're interfering with your education. Plus, you're still a minor. Your parents made the decision."

Of course, they did.

I was sent to Korea by my father because he didn't want me. My whole family doesn't even like me... except my twin sister.

"Go, your grandfather is probably waiting for you." she pats my shoulder. "What about the girls?" I point to the rest of my teammates. "Are you going to tell them?" she nods. "Come in tomorrow, I will tell them now."

I sigh nodding and go to pick up my bag. I tell the others goodbye and walk to Grandpa's car. Why am I just finding out about this now? Now, why would my parents want me back? I have no business there, to be honest.

I entered the car, "Why am I going back to London?" I asked Grandpa. He sighed looking away, "You do need to finish your education, Celene. You started in the UK and you will finish in the UK."

I internally rolled my eyes.

"I don't have to. I go to school here for a reason."

"I wish I could change your stupid father's mind but I can't. He's your father and guardian after all." I scoff, looking out of the window. "Guardian my ass," I mumble. Grandpa used the back of his hand and slapped my forehead.

"Language." I huff, rubbing my forehead and resting my head on the window. "How was training?" he asked as he started driving. "It was fine. Normal." I tell him. "Your grandmother is making Rose Tteokbokki. That should make you full for the night and strong for tomorrow."

I smile, "Thank you." I lifted my head out the window. "Ay, not me. Your grandmother." he smiles making me happy. I love my grandparents. "Oh yeah, my muscles ache. Do we still have ice?"

"Ah, so you're the one finishing all our ice, huh?"

"I buy more though." I shrug and he glares at me. "Sorry," I mumble and he nods looking back at the road. "No more ice baths, what if you end up in the hospital again?" I let out a heavy sigh.

"It was a mistake."

"Trying to kill yourself is a mistake now?!"

"I wasn't trying to kill myself!" I roll my eyes, looking back at the window. He sighs, "Okay, fine but not an ice bath. Your grandmother will massage your body. You know how amazing her massages are." I look at him weirdly and see he's smiling to himself.

"할아버지!" I shout and he looks at me"뭐? 뭐? 소리지르지 않아도 돼." he laughs and I look away from him grossed out. Wait, I'm starting to imagine it. Ew, no! No, no!

T: Grandpa!

T: What? What? No need to yell.

Time skip...

"Why would you say that in front of her?" Grandma slapped her husband's back. "Oh come on, she is grown. What's wrong with that?" he laughs. "No, she is seventeen. Only a high school student." Grandma sighs.

I was on my phone on my football club group chat. Our Coach told them everything and now we are all talking about it. They don't want me to leave and I don't want to leave either. I love it here in Korea.

I have so many friends here as well and now I'm leaving them. Friends that care about me.

"No, she's a college student."

"In the UK, yes but we're here in Korea. She is still very young and you can't corrupt her young mind."

"Okay, okay. Sorry."

My mind is already extremely corrupt. With what I've been through, damn you wouldn't believe it.

"Ji-young," I look up as soon as I hear my Korean name. "Put the phone down and eat." I nod, obeying my grandfather's orders. "Ah, your grandfather said you're having body pains. Is that true?" I nod stretching the cheese away from my mouth.

"She then asked for ice, I told her no." Here we go. Why is Grandpa so flipping messy? "You want to do another ice bath?" I look at Grandma. I shake my head no, chewing on my food.

"Good, no more ice baths in this house. Not after what happened last time." She mumbled the last bit but I didn't say anything "Hurry up and eat then I will give you a massage." I smile, nodding.

"Maybe after you could give me one." My eyes widen. "Stop it!" Grandma slapped him and he laughed. I'm jealous of them.

They've both loved each other all their lives. They were each other's first love and I pray I have the same relationship as them with my future husband.

Will I ever get married?

The first chapter is here

It's a bit boring, but it gets better along the way

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Anna🤍