5

Marcelene pov…

“You used heat protective spray, right?”

“Of course, if I use it on my hair, then I have to use it on yours.”

I hum, nodding.

Medora is finally getting her little joy because she’s straightening my hair. Don’t get me wrong, I like my hair straight. It’s long, silky, and easier to maintain, but I also love my curly hair. Love it.

It’s my first day at this new school.

It’s a very high private school. It's probably full of rich kids who love money. I mean, I love money, but they love money differently.

“In this school, there are three groups of popular kids.” What the fuck is she on about? “There are this group of boys. Four of them. Two are twins while… um, two are just friends.” I look at her through the mirror.

I guess I know who she’s talking about.

“One of the twins and one guy don’t like each other. It’s funny when they fight to be honest.” She smiles to herself while she straightens the last piece. “Anyway, the second group is three girls. They’re really pretty, they also do the same course as you so I hope you become friends with them.”

Okay.

“Then there is Mia, Bianca and I.” she looks at me through the mirror but I look away. No surprise there. “Cool, cool,” I mumble. She smiles putting the straightener down and fixing up my hair.

“It looks so good.” she uses the wax stick to push down on the top of my hair so it would stay down. I take my edge brush and gummy wax. I start doing my edges while she does whatever on my head.

“Here is the headband.” She puts it on top of my head and I look at it. It’s cute. I smile a little bit, “So a headband makes you smile but not your twin's sister.” Hmm, I’m her twin sister. My smile immediately disappeared and I could tell that she noticed.

Not bothered though.

“Girls, hurry up!” Mum shouted. I stood up and picked up my duffel bag. Everything was already in there. My football boots, sportswear, shin pads and my headphones. Medora had a handbag with a Hello Kitty key chain.

I need to buy a new phone. Maybe a Pikachu one.

We entered the dining room where breakfast was. Not everyone is here. Dad, Odeliah, Nero, Rowan and Ravenna are probably all at work. I know that Jodie is in her last year of university and Kaiza is going into his second year.

“Morning you two.” I bid Mum a good morning.

“The hair colour does suit you though,” Jodie tells Medora and smiles thanking her. “Oh damn, I forgot about your hair.” Kaiza faked a jumpscare making her roll her eyes. “It looks good though.” She smiles again.

I just eat my fruit and pancakes. I’m invisible in this family but it’s nothing new, to be honest. I’m a ghost.

Everyone was talking while I texting Grandma. She was asking if I was okay. This made me smile. I miss her and Grandpa. I loved living with them. They love me.

Time skip…

“Over there is the art department.” The headteacher, Mr Harlow, pointed to the building and I nodded. “Which is where I’m always at.” Both the headteacher and look at Medora. She smiles, clinging to my arm.

“Medora, your lesson began thirty minutes ago. You need to be in class now.” she sighs, finally getting the hint. “Bye!” She kisses my cheek and leaves. I give her a small wave. Mr Harlow sighs.